• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What does this symbol mean on my togepi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    does this mean the pokemon is "shiny?" because a bunch of yellow stars flash across the togepi before a start of a battle, then the cry.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yeah, its shiny.
    another clue to its shiny..ness is that its marks are blue instead of red.
    it just looks like a badly drawn shiny star.
    it should be on the red gyarados when you get it.
    i'm envious of that.

Erbe

Years
    Yeah, its shiny.
    another clue to its shiny..ness is that its marks are blue instead of red.
    it just looks like a badly drawn shiny star.
    it should be on the red gyarados when you get it.
    i'm envious of that.

i feel quite lucky! hopefully it is on the red gyrados, any other pokemon i could expect shiny?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    Everyone. Red Gyarados is the only one that you will absolutely find, the others can be found shiny, but with a one-in-somethinglike 64000 chance. Very, very lucky indeed. ;)

Erbe

Years
    Everyone. Red Gyarados is the only one that you will absolutely find, the others can be found shiny, but with a one-in-somethinglike 64000 chance. Very, very lucky indeed. ;)

excuse my language.. HOLY SH**! im the furthest thing from lucky! No idea how i couldve pulled this off, but of course i wasnt trying.. if i could id give this shiny togepi to someone who has searched long and hard for one, because i certainly dont deserve it :P

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    yup thats a rare & valuable togepi, you are sooo lucky!!!!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    Don't Togepis bring good luck to the owner? Or were the chansey the one doing that?

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    Don't Togepis bring good luck to the owner? Or were the chansey the one doing that?

Togepi will share the feeling of happiness to the owner and give the owner good luck if well-treated, while Chansey is said to bring happiness when caught.

So congratulation!! Wish you treat this shiny Togepi well and bring more good luck to you! (^_^)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well, shinies are really hard to find, 1/8192 i think.
    shinies were, also, for some reason, easier to get if you breeded a shiny.
    say you breeded a red gyarados. the chances of having a yellow magikarp(or whatever its shiny colour is) hatch from the egg would be 1/64. So there may be a chance that the pokemon that made the togepi egg was a shiny.Unfortunately, after that they made the odds the same after 2nd gen.
    Hey, on the third gen games, does that star thing happen when you get a shiny also??
    yes.
    in ruby, the dex number (top left) is yellow instead of white.
    and in d/p, there is a * on the top right of the status screen.
    but if you are talking about the *** when a shiny enters battle, then yes, it was always like that.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I'm jealous my only shiny on Silver was a pathetic spearow which I wouldn't have been able to tell was shiny had the stars not flashed around it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back