• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does your keyboard say about you?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    By looking at the worn letters of your keyboard, what does your keyboard say about you?

My left-hand area (ASDZXC, Shift, etc) is pretty well worn, showing that I have a bad habit of rubbing against the keys when my hand isn't doing anything. Also, I play lots of games that use Ctrl/Alt/Z, X (ie. VBA, MapleStory), but not many that use a WASD key setting (W is pretty clear).

My Shift is the most used key (because I use proper grammar all the tiem on teh interwebs n dat means i use shift moar) and I use my exclamation mark relatively often. My full stop and comma buttons are also pretty worn.

Et tu?

PS. not sure whether this is better in OC or OVP...?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    None of my keys are worn really, but I have been told I'm an incredibly hard typer (both by classmates and family; they say they can hear my typing from a mile away). My guess is the fact that I often used an old manual typewriter when I wrote (this was years ago, before I bought an electric one), and manuals require hard, swift taps to type. Dunno what it says about me... I'm old fashioned, maybe? haha

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    The FRTG region is pretty worn/dirty....as is the shift key, lol. The F-keys and the #row are barely used...but 3 seems the most worn. Tab key is clean as a whistle :3

Therefore, I am a left handed person who actually uses the shift key, never uses tab, and likes the number 3! :3

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Mine's incredibly dirty, except on the letter and number keys. Actually, I think "grimy" would be a better word. That either speaks of my uncleanliness or the amount of time I spend on my computer, or both.

None of the keys are worn, at all. Seeing as I've had this keyboard for three years or so, that's probably some good advertisement for Logitech right there.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012

hi ya I would just like to point out that you fused two languages there, unless you're speaking some other language I don't recognize. But either you're trying to speak French, where you should write "Et toi?" or even "Et vous?" because you are addressing a large mass of people, or you are trying to speak Spanish, in which case you would write "y tu?"

BUT to answer the question. I got this laptop in February, so it's not all too worn out. But my spacebar is getting marks on it on the right because I only use my right thumb to press spacebar as it turns out. And I use proper systematic typing so my fingers always rest of the (ASDF) and (JKL;) keys, so they're more worn out that all the other keys. I use proper grammar on forums but not on msn so my shift key isn't all too bad and neither is my period.

The only thing my keyboard says about me is that I learned to type systematically and so the standard recommended keys are worn out, and I use my right thumb to spacebar it up so the right side of the spacebar button is worn out lol.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
    hi ya I would just like to point out that you fused two languages there, unless you're speaking some other language I don't recognize. But either you're trying to speak French, where you should write "Et toi?" or even "Et vous?" because you are addressing a large mass of people, or you are trying to speak Spanish, in which case you would write "y tu?"

BUT to answer the question. I got this laptop in February, so it's not all too worn out. But my spacebar is getting marks on it on the right because I only use my right thumb to press spacebar as it turns out. And I use proper systematic typing so my fingers always rest of the (ASDF) and (JKL;) keys, so they're more worn out that all the other keys. I use proper grammar on forums but not on msn so my shift key isn't all too bad and neither is my period.

The only thing my keyboard says about me is that I learned to type systematically and so the standard recommended keys are worn out, and I use my right thumb to spacebar it up so the right side of the spacebar button is worn out lol.
    It's Latin he was writing. Just think of it as meaning, "You too?"
    My w,a,s,d,g,z,x,c,v,n,m,<,>.?, enter, are all pretty worn out. You can't even see anything on the v and c keys.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    My keyboard...
    The part of it which is meant as a hand resting place is broken off. It broke just a few days after I bought it. That means it was a bad keyboard.

The keys are pretty clean, which probably means I like keeping things more used and important to me cleaned and cared. But the broken part tells that I'm too unwilling to spend money until I have to.

Everything else is pretty much okay.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    All of the keys are soiled and there is no longer an "N" key, just a blank hole that I can still press to type "N".

My keyboard says I've had this computer way too long and I need to find a source of income so I can get a new one :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    there are a lot of crumbs and dog hairs on my keyboard and the x key was missing before i got my computer's internal drive replaced, and theres a lil scratch on the control key

i guess you could say im a hungry rat

or something

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    It says that my parents invested in a fairly good keyboard (No worn out letters, despite years of service).

That, and I tend to eat at the computer a lot.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My keyboard is sorta dusty, but it's only a few years old.. and honestly.. none of the buttons are warn off at all. With the exception of the > key. Probably because I abuse >__> or something close to it almost constantly. xD;

Edit: I was gonna say I'm surprised my 'D' key isn't dead too.. but, now that I look, part of the letter is worn off.

That.. about it for mine, though.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    None of my keys are very worn. Well, my 'n' is worn away 100%, and my 'a' is a little. Other than that it's fine.

No idea what that tells you about me, though.

Ayselipera

My keyboard is only about a year old so just about none of the letters are worn. Just a tiny bit of D and S. There is dust collecting on the right side of the board where the end, delete, insert, phone like number pad is located since I rarely use that side. Besides all of that there are a few crumbs.

I guess my keyboard says I like to use the left side of the keyboard much more especially where the left hand lays and I need to start eating over a plate.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    hi ya I would just like to point out that you fused two languages there, unless you're speaking some other language I don't recognize. But either you're trying to speak French, where you should write "Et toi?" or even "Et vous?" because you are addressing a large mass of people, or you are trying to speak Spanish, in which case you would write "y tu?.

Et tu, Brute? I think it's Latin.

As for me... well, my keyboard is quite clean. It may have something to do with it being bought 2 or so years ago, but it might also be a reflection of how OC I get when it comes to my belongings (and my keyboard is, of course, one of my belongings).
    Oh yes, but underneath the crevices... nails and small dust bunnies reside. I think I should start dusting off the dirt inside. =/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...luckily I only got this laptop in March. It's clean besides crumbs, but overall, the keys work fiiine. Though, the old desktop keyboard was waaaaay dirty. All the keys worked though. :D

So I am... clean with newer equipment?

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    I change keyboards a lot; be it a desktop or a laptop, so mine are always clean and no keys are worn, really.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I have a new keyboard so... :D

My old keyboard isn't really worn out, except for some keys not working so yeah. :PPP

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Non of my keys are worn out, which really surprises me, I'm on the computer all the time. D=

However, looking at the desktop, the JKIU section is a bit dirty...

Back