• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does your school/work/whatever think of pokémon?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The title says it all!
    I think people at my school hide their feelings for pokemon because people at my school tend to make fun of alot of people who like pokemon. They thinks its for babies :\

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    The students in my year don't really judge people if they play Pokemon. This is surprising as some of them aren't the nicest people I know. The group of friends I hang out with, however, don't really mind if I play Pokemon as they play or used to play it.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I clearly said to one of my friends on msn about a couple of weeks ago, 'I do not care what people think of me only because i'm being my self and love pokemon' she never actually replied to me after XD yeah people make fun of people if they like pokemon =/ they're just all a bunch of sados that are jealos and have no lifes, I got bullied for liking pokemon in yr7 and I just went through days and days of it and I still do sometimes people are just like that at my school, because they just want to see or get a reaction from it.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Everyone in my school reckons if you even mention the word Pokemon, you are the lamest person in existance and will be ridiculed for it.

I know that loads of the people who say this do actually play it, though. I have a little trade group set up with three other people and we help each other's dexes.

(I gave them the Pokerus :D )

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Some of my friends hides their feelings, but now they are starting to come out of the closet (xDD) because of the return of the johto region. I didnt expect for HG/SS to be such a hit.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    To be honest a lot of kids in my school still like it, and a lot of kids are actually getting HG/SS. Some people think it's stupid but personally I don't care if people knwo I play.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    In middle school I always hid my feelings about still liking pokemon. But last year as a freshmen I was open about it, and a bunch of my friends actually turned out to be pokemon players as well. My school isn't too judgmental.

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I do what I do regarding everything else about my personal life: I don't discuss it at work.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    i'm pretty sure I'd be picked on for it. But I live in a small country town, and am friends with most of the kids in my highschool, so I'd probably only get teased jokinly. And the ones who would really pick on me, are the people I'm not friends with so I wouldn't care, and my friends would slap them/pick on something about them. But I still don't really wanna broadcast it. If someone asks, I wont lie though

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    Everyone in my school reckons if you even mention the word Pokemon, you are the lamest person in existance and will be ridiculed for it.

I know that loads of the people who say this do actually play it, though. I have a little trade group set up with three other people and we help each other's dexes.

(I gave them the Pokerus :D )

The first bit is so true : P

The students in my year don't really judge people if they play Pokemon.

lucky :D

I've told 4 of my friends :) 3 of them used to and 1 of them still does
    and my best friend is a member of pc lol we go up to the art department and talk about it. theres sonic fans up there >.> so they don't make fun of it

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Well alot in my class thinks pokemon is childish, which is obviously because they judge pokemon by the cartoon and not by the games. My view on it and the response i would give i i got severely teased would be, "You play games you think are fun, and i play game I think are fun". Me and one of my friends are the only ones playing pokemon in my class!

Kon~

Years
    Ha! The other day, I overheard someone playing Diamond under the desk in IT, and casually mentioned that I have the Pokerus... supreme trade. I got a Garchomp for a Lv. 1 Sneasel.

Goes to show, school really does help you in life. :D

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    Wonderfully enough, I can openly play Pokemon before class and no one seems to notice or really care that much. I did get one reply oneday of ">:S You play Pokemon, huh?", but that's it. :B Unfortunately, I haven't found any fellow fans in my classes, but ah well. We'll find each other eventually.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    It's not really mentioned in our school. I think people to play it, they just don't shout it out from the rooftops.

My best friend is a Pokémon fan too though so we're in it togetherXD

Years
    Thankfully there's quite a few people at my college who like Pokemon. We can openly play the games and discuss Pokemon without so much as a rude remark. Though my tutors don't take the same attitude. I've been told god knows how many times how childish Pokemon is and that I should act my age.

Kon~

Years
    Thankfully there's quite a few people at my college who like Pokemon. We can openly play the games and discuss Pokemon without so much as a rude remark. Though my tutors don't take the same attitude. I've been told god knows how many times how childish Pokemon is and that I should act my age.

What's childish about traversing entire countries on your own, capturing wild animals and forcing them to fight for your pleasure and to win money/badges from others who have done the same? >:)

Years
    Nothing. Our tutors would rather us watch more ''age appropriate'' things such as soaps but to be honest with you I prefer Pokemon over soaps. I find soaps to be boring and it's always the same plot, someone is killed or someone's been sleeping with so and so. Blah...I get alot more enjoyment out of watching Pokemon. Whenever I've tried to watch a soap I always lose interest after 5 minutes.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    The boys look at you like "..Why the hell is [insert name here] playing Pokemon" and all of the girls go like *whisper* *giggle*He he what a nerd... PLAYING POKEMON! He he he he...

I agree with this (In my school) <.<

Last edited:

Kon~

Years
    Nothing. Our tutors would rather us watch more ''age appropriate'' things such as soaps but to be honest with you I prefer Pokemon over soaps. I find soaps to be boring and it's always the same plot, someone is killed or someone's been sleeping with so and so. Blah...I get alot more enjoyment out of watching Pokemon. Whenever I've tried to watch a soap I always lose interest after 5 minutes.

Heh, I can agree with you 100% there.

Back