• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What DON'T you want to see in ORAS

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    yes i'm calling them oras

What do you not want to see in R/S remakes?

I don't want them to add to many new unnecessary pokémon in the region or the large amount of water routes to return.

Years
  • I said this in the personal wish list thread ten minutes ago, but i'll post it here again anyway:

DON'T BRING BACK SCOTT. Just so idiots don't keep making fun of him. (My real name is Scott so I don't take that joke well, please.) I'm sure at least 90% of those who played Emerald basically hate the guy, ESPECIALLY those who watched Marriland's Emerald Nuzlocke. I didn't really care for him either, he was fat and showed up at the most random times. So yeah.

Yeah, I really don't take that joke well at all.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I said this in the personal wish list thread ten minutes ago, but i'll post it here again anyway:

What was the joke?

I don't want to see the return of Sky Battles. They were pointless. Inversion battles/reverse battles (whatever they were called?) were a great addition though!

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Wallace as the champion.

That's assuming these are remakes instead of sequels (and even if they are sequels, I doubt they would change the champ again).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't want them to add to many new unnecessary pokémon in the region or the large amount of water routes to return.

I've never understood this complaint. The plot in RSE centers around land vs. sea. You spend the first half of the game on land and the second half predominantly on the sea. It makes sense. And to remove them from the remake just because people didn't like them seems like taking away something that makes that region unique and adds to its plot and characer. Taking away its land and sea balance would ruin the experience, especially if this is a remake.

Anyway, I don't want Scott to return and I don't want Sky Battles from XY to intervene. It's so limited as to what you can use and not everyone has a Pokemon usable for it, plus if you have something like Charizard and get stuck fighting Aerodactyl and Charizard is the only Pokemon you can use in Sky Battles, you're screwed. That's really unfair. So I'd rather those not make a return...not only in ORAS, but any game that follows.

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
  • I'd like Pokemon to be hard to catch again, please.

I caught Xerneas, Mewtwo, Zygarde, and Zapdos all in Pokeballs in X. Know how many I used, including the ones that captured? 12. Let's get back to actually having to try in order to catch them.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I said this in the personal wish list thread ten minutes ago, but i'll post it here again anyway:

I don't see what was so bad about Scott.. I enjoyed his unexpected appearances.. And he *is* responsible for providing a lot of the modern post-game in Pokemon (additional Battle Tower modes, additional battle facilities that aren't Battle Towers, and exchanging Battle Points)..

I've never understood this complaint. The plot in RSE centers around land vs. sea. You spend the first half of the game on land and the second half predominantly on the sea. It makes sense. And to remove them from the remake just because people didn't like them seems like taking away something that makes that region unique and adds to its plot and characer. Taking away its land and sea balance would ruin the experience, especially if this is a remake.

Anyway, I don't want Scott to return and I don't want Sky Battles from XY to intervene. It's so limited as to what you can use and not everyone has a Pokemon usable for it, plus if you have something like Charizard and get stuck fighting Aerodactyl and Charizard is the only Pokemon you can use in Sky Battles, you're screwed. That's really unfair. So I'd rather those not make a return...not only in ORAS, but any game that follows.

I don't see why people complain about the water, either; it's not like you can't buy Max Repels.. (maybe it's because of the monotony of water tiles..? Land tiles seem to be a bit more varied) Unless you're exploring for wild Pokemon or items, most places only need to be Surfed to once (like Sky Pillar, activating the Regi puzzle, and Abandoned Ship), maybe twice; otherwise, you can typically Fly everywhere in Hoenn to your heart's content. And it's not like Surf is one of the weaker moves; given that Hoenn is lively with Water-type Pokemon (including the generally awesome Mudkip line and Kyogre, which I imagine many players will have at some point), you're bound to have something to easily take care of your Surfing woes..

You know what else I don't want? I don't want Feebas to be as rare as he was in R/S/E, it was freaking ridiculous. Make Feebas a little more common, please.

Although I rather liked how Feebas's elusiveness added to its uniqueness, I probably wouldn't mind if this mechanic was altered... Fishing along Hoenn Route 119's numerous water tiles can get a bit tiresome, especially if rain is falling (inducing messages every time you're engaged in battle) and it's possible to have inconsistency in snagging Pokemon. And even if you fish on every tile, you're still not guaranteed to find Feebas, as other wild Pokemon occupy the same water tiles - likely forcing you to check each tile more than once.

I'm hoping that there isn't a lack of places to train; repeatedly challenging the Hoenn Elite Four/Champion (and maybe doing daily Secret Base battles) can get a bit monotonous and lengthy (as most other Pokemon Trainers don't provide nearly enough experience to get to Level 100 with)...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • See, anything I don't like, somebody else probably does. So it's hard to say "I DON'T WANT THIS TO COME BACK" I know I won't miss Scott (mainly because I only played Emerald once and I barely remember him lol) but if he comes back, or anything else that bugs me, it won't ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Years
  • No Sky battles please. Ever again. It was so annoying to have to leave a bunch of trainers I battled just because I didn't want to use a pokemon that could fly. I also found it unfair that a flying type, like Hawlucha couldn't participate, but something like Haunter could.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Quick list of things I do not want:

1. A Champion that is not the awesome Steven Stone.

2. Lack of Post-plot content or a lack of that goodness from the original soundtrack.

3. Please for goodness sakes don't FORCE me to catch the legend. That was just a sad moment in Y when I thought I had to reset but it was like "LolYveltal wants to be your friend, try again AND YOU CAN'T SAY NO."

4. A non-existence of Secret Bases and added functionality for them. IF THEY ARE NOT THERE AND IMPROVED I WILL LIKELY RAGE.

That is all of the top of my head.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The only thing I don't want is Wallace as champion. He was better as a Gym-Leader and Steven Stone is a lot cooler and even strong Champion. Wallace was too easy for a Champion. All you really had to do is spam Electric attacks. Steven on the other hand, was a challenge.

I can't see Contest not returning as it was such a key feature that was even brought back in Gen IV. I think it just needs to be improved , but hopefully not like Super Contests. Maybe something like the Contest in the anime that's both a competition visuals and strength.

Back