• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What DON'T you want to see in ORAS

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
Years
  • What I don't want to see or happen huh?

I guess for me:
    I don't want the game to be too easy like X and Y.
    If they greatly alter ALL the music ( If they do and I don't like it I at least want an option to change it to the old ones, like in HGSS)
    I don't want a boring/minimal post game like X and Y.

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
    Years
  • I don't want Wallace to be the champion.
    I don't want the old Feebas mechanic.
    I don't want Contests to be replaced.
    I don't want Tate&Liza to get replaced.

Years
  • I don't want Wallace to be the champion.
    I don't want the old Feebas mechanic.
    I don't want Contests to be replaced.
    I don't want Tate&Liza to get replaced.

I agree with you on some accounts. Steven was a much better champion, and Wallace fit better as a gym leader. However, I think things like the Feebas mechanic and Contests are integral parts of the Hoenn and it's culture as a region. It wouldn't feel the same without those features! Alternatively, Tate and Liza may very well be replaced. In previous remakes they've done similar changes to the gym leaders, so it's possible.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    Alternatively, Tate and Liza may very well be replaced. In previous remakes they've done similar changes to the gym leaders, so it's possible.

I would explode if they replaced them. They were such an important part of the games. I remember countless times getting my ass handed to me by them.

I DON'T want them to replace Steven as Champion.
    I DON'T want an easy game
    I DON'T want a non-existent post game above all else

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Alternatively, Tate and Liza may very well be replaced. In previous remakes they've done similar changes to the gym leaders, so it's possible.

No they haven't. Neither FRLG or HGSS replaced any Gym Leaders.

The only time the Gym Leaders have changed is in Emerald. Other than that, there are minor changes between RBY and GSC and between BW and BW2, however those make sense considering they take place at different times. And, in all three cases, none of the games involved are remakes.

Years
  • No they haven't. Neither FRLG or HGSS replaced any Gym Leaders.

The only time the Gym Leaders have changed is in Emerald. Other than that, there are minor changes between RBY and GSC and between BW and BW2, however those make sense considering they take place at different times. And, in all three cases, none of the games involved are remakes.

I could've sworn that one of the elite four in HGSS was changed from the original GSC games. Of course, I could be wrong. More importantly, it's in Game Freak's power to break any trend that they might have set with previous games. If they feel like it would add to the story or if they weren't pleased with one of the gym leaders designs, they have the ability to change them.

Years
  • I dont want Wallice as the Champion
    I don't Groudon to be underwater. The trailer with made no sense.
    I don't want the trainers to be as weak and easy as they were in the original
    I dont want them to use B2/W2's Remix of the battle theme or anything similar
    I don't want them to replace MAY / The Contests or Battle Frontier Challenges
    I don't want them to remove any of the Pokenav Features
    I dont want Secret Bases to Online; I want Mixing Save Data Ghost battles to stay.
    I don't want them to ignore the features they added to X/Y as an exclusive to it.
    I don't want Swarms to disappear.
    I don't want Match Call changed.
    I don't want Exp.All or dumb NPC trainers.
    I don't want underleveled battles or the evil teams to reuse the same pokemon over & over.
    I don't want Gen 1 legendaries in the game but Gen 4 and 5.
    I dont want Tripple or Rotation Battles.
    I don't want horde battles to have different pokemon in the swarms.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I don't want to see easy gameplay or a short game, They Should implement a difficulty level.

Years
  • I don't want New Pokemon to get Megas; not until ALL pokemon get a stage 3 form. I think they should have normal evolutions too as a first priority. Mainly Sabalye, Keckleon, Castform, Plusle + Minion (need to fuse) Linoone, etc. They also need to have their own baby forms as well just to complete their lines. Megas should be applied AFTER they get a natural evolution.

Last edited:

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I would like them to get rid of the Trick House and replace it with something else. Another thing I hated was the mach bike. AND the cycling road bikers blocking your way from making a record. I don't want them to remove the Poke Contests. I don't want Tate and Liza to be replaced, although they were annoying I liked that there was a double battle gym leader. I don't want Wally to have only one Pokemon. I don't want them to remove dives and I don't want them to remove the water routes, I found those fun.

Years
  • But if they stick true to the original games, Groudon WILL be in the Seafloor Cavern, which is underwater.
    I know but it would be a more reasonable modification, we do know underwater volcanos exist, all they'd have to do is have the water dry up or evaporate where Groudon appears and have it explode with lava, or have him part the seas like Moses. It just looks strange for him to bathe in his sole weakness. (I dont care what the anime did, it never made sense)

Years
  • What I want to see them do with the legendary event is have Team Magma's headquarters on Mt. Pyre or maybe a new extension of it, and once you defeat all the grunts and the leaders at the end, you fight Groudon. You don't get to catch it though, and once you defeat it, the pokemon disappears. Then, you go to Team Aqua's hideout, same as in the originals, and get to the end, where you take on Kyogre. A mirror to the Groudon event, you aren't able to catch him, and after the battle he disappears. You head to Sootopolis for the signature battle that was featured with a cutscene in RSE, but this time Rayquaza comes down to crash the party. You end up having a triple battle with all three. o:

What I don't want them to do is repeat the event exactly how it went down in RSE.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I know but it would be a more reasonable modification, we do know underwater volcanos exist, all they'd have to do is have the water dry up or evaporate where Groudon appears and have it explode with lava, or have him part the seas like Moses. It just looks strange for him to bathe in his sole weakness. (I dont care what the anime did, it never made sense)
    Doesn't it make sense to seal something you don't want awakening in its weakness so it doesn't regain enough strength to break the seal?

Years
  • Doesn't it make sense to seal something you don't want awakening in its weakness so it doesn't regain enough strength to break the seal?
    It does but not for kyogre.

.... Though its not necessarily them being sealed away, just in a deep ancient hibernation like most legendaries in general.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    It does but not for kyogre.

.... Though its not necessarily them being sealed away, just in a deep ancient hibernation like most legendaries in general.
    True.
    I definitely think Kyogre should be stranded on some sort of land mass. Or just not have water in his little cave.

I would argue that the two were sealed away. Why else would an orb that's kept several miles (I would assume) away be the only known way to awaken them?

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    I don't want to see a bunch of Pokemon unnecessarily crammed into the regional Pokedex. I'd prefer if the original Hoenn Pokedex was used for the ingame, with the only additions being Pokemon that evolve from Hoenn Pokedex Pokemon in later games.

Years
  • I don't want to see a bunch of Pokemon unnecessarily crammed into the regional Pokedex. I'd prefer if the original Hoenn Pokedex was used for the ingame, with the only additions being Pokemon that evolve from Hoenn Pokedex Pokemon in later games.

I definitely agree. Unlike more recent generations, Hoenn had vast amount of new pokemon that they featured, and so there was little need for integrating older pokemon into the regional dex, which I was happy with. Similarly, I hope they keep the regional dex as is and allow future generation pokemon to be caught post-game. The evolutions like Gallade are an exception, though.

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
    Years
  • I agree with you on some accounts. Steven was a much better champion, and Wallace fit better as a gym leader. However, I think things like the Feebas mechanic and Contests are integral parts of the Hoenn and it's culture as a region. It wouldn't feel the same without those features! Alternatively, Tate and Liza may very well be replaced. In previous remakes they've done similar changes to the gym leaders, so it's possible.

I had to teach my pokemon Rock Tomb and withdraw Sceptile to beat that Claydol....

I don't want a short post-game, I want it to be long like BW/BW2 (If you consider it as short)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I had to teach my pokemon Rock Tomb and withdraw Sceptile to beat that Claydol....

I don't want a short post-game, I want it to be long like BW/BW2 (If you consider it as short)

I'd prefer a post game with more events though.

BW's post-game was one of the worst I've ever played. It's long, but dreadful. The level gap is so high and there's literally nothing to do besides completing the map (and Cynthia).

BW2's was a lot better though.

Back