• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] What engine is the most appropriate for gen 1 - 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    i want to make a pokemon game that compile from generation 1 to 7? its possible to do that..?

Years
    It is posible to make a game with Pokemon from generation 1-7 however 1.Gen 7 is still not finished. 2. That would take you a lot of time. 3. I'm unsure if you are referring to Pokemon or regions but for both hence 1 and 2. 3. For some reason I'm thinking that you want to do it in 3d...don't know why. 4. Even if Gen 7 comes out completely you will have to gather a lot of sprites but you can get those in deviantart. 5. By any chance did you came here because of Pokemon Uranium? Oh right and you can only do this with rpgmaker xp since essentials is only meant for that if you use any other engine you will have to start from 0. I just realised that question has been asked a lot the one about the engine.

Years
    Jefries - TC is asking what engine is best to use.

Unfortunately I don't know what they mean by compiling Gens 1-7.
    - Do they want to be able to combine the mechanics of each generation, making it very similar to the Glitch Field from Pokemon Reborn or the Generational Battles from my own game?
    - Do they want to have all seven regions?
    - Do they just want to have all the Pokemon from Gens 1-7?

Either way, we can't include Gen VII at all until Pokemon Sun and Moon come out and we can learn more about what makes Gen VII different from Gen VI (aside from Z-Moves).

If what you want is to be able to include all Pokemon from Generations 1-6, you should download Pokemon Essentials v16.2 and add in the Gen VI Pack which can be found in the script section.

Like Jefries said, you need RPG Maker XP to edit Essentials.

Years
    This isn't a good question. Any engine (assuming no data limits) that has pokemon implemented is not likely to have a cap to prevent putting a large number of mons into a game. Not to mention gen 7 isn't even out, so there's not going to be public resources that include all the new ones for a bit.
    If you mean the 3d aspect of the new gens, that's a horse of a different color, and likely there's no public work to help you. If you want to clarify your question further, do so, if not I will remove/lock this thread.

Years
    Well RPG maker Pokemon Essentials gets updated with every release, however it is updated for gen VI. If you want to make all the sprites, moves, abilities, etc. for that gen then go ahead. Since gen VII hasn't been released you'd be hard pressed to find any program that has gen VII mechanics and pokes already pre-installed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    Unity. RPGMaker only supports 2D graphics and has several limitations, so you will not have a similar official games of the fourth generation onwards experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back