• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ever happened to that deep conversation bit with Blue?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    You know, the one where he talks about Pokemon in a deep philosophical matter.

I remember it was in the game text when someone ripped the US version but how exactly do you get to see it in game?

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • a deep what?
    I dont remember this happening in the game at all. Only thing i remember are his lines in cinnabar. And none of the things he says are deep, just the same Blue we all know.

CrazyJake265

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I don't remember that in any of the games. Perhaps your thinking about the Pokemon Adventures Manga? He has a kind of deep conversation about pokemon in the early chapters.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I also admit to being puzzled about this.

I suggest adding in more info and specifics as otherwise this thread will go nowhere, and I'll just close it.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Oh, it was a conversation bit that someone found along in the data.

It had Blue talking about Pokemon, describing them with various adjectives (round, short, square, blue), and saying something about how the trainer connects with their Pokemon through emotion, then saying that the player has all of that and that Blue was envious of it.

Then he talks about how you remind him of an "old friend" he used to have, "but he went away and he hasn't seen him since the Pokemon League," which is obviously Red.

It was pretty long, too, and I thought it was really cool.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Sounds like "Axe, Candle, and Rope" story. Except instead of finding those three items hidden in the coding, you find text xD.
    But yeah, it does sound interesting.
    ...Axe, Candle, Rope?
    I'm not sure what that is. D:

Yeah, I liked it because I thought it showed actual character development in Pokemon, Blue from FR/LG to HG/SS.
    HERP DERP.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Character development, yay! Um...I feel like that might have been part of his little ending speech after you beat him? Or, maybe, if you go talk to him again after you've beaten him? Because I do remember some text like that, but I don't remember when it happened...

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • BLUE IS TOTALLY EMO
    Anyways.... I don't remember him ever saying that. Sorry, I'm not being a great help. Maybe you should go back and talk to Blue?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Blue is probably emo because he is still sore about Red beating him about 10 seconds after he became champion, and therefore losing his title in one battle ^^.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
  • I think I remember that. Blue is checking out Cinnabar after the volcanoe went kamikaze.(Anyone else see a volcano in R/B/Y? I didnt) He gets emotional in a way and says he knows the true meaning of Pokemon. "I know the way to be strong in pokemon is to love and believe in them" or something close to that soap opera.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Oh, it was a conversation bit that someone found along in the data.

It had Blue talking about Pokemon, describing them with various adjectives (round, short, square, blue), and saying something about how the trainer connects with their Pokemon through emotion, then saying that the player has all of that and that Blue was envious of it.

Then he talks about how you remind him of an "old friend" he used to have, "but he went away and he hasn't seen him since the Pokemon League," which is obviously Red.

Hmm, there is something vaguely familiar about that...

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    This sounds interested like deleted text or what not.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh, it was a conversation bit that someone found along in the data.

That does sound familiar...maybe I read it in the original Silver...kind of sad though that he doesn't see him again...

Back