• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What exactly is inside a Pokeball?

Pokemon.com answered a mailbag question years ago that was this very topic. They basically said it was a mini-habitat for the Pokemon inside. My guess is that since the Pokemon is converted into energy, its consciousness is kept going and the Poke Ball's circuitry gives it a VR environment to keep it happy or something, which is where the habitat comes in. If their archives from that long ago are still intact, I'm sure one could find it.

*Charizard*

Velocity
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Image of Pokeball in the anime:
    What exactly is inside a Pokeball?

Pokemon are converted into "energy" and taken into the ball where the energy is stored.
    The "energy" is strong if the Pokemon is not weakened. Therefore, the Pokemon can resist being converted into energy and break out.
    If the Pokemon is weakened, it is harder for it to resist the conversion process and thus, captured.

At least, that's the way I view it.
    That's pretty much what happens in the anime.
    The Pokemon are converted into energy.

wow nice analogy. I would have to agree with what this person said.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • They transform into data. didn't you guys learned that in the episode with Porygon.

not seen the episode but isn't porygon an actual data pokemon anyway - and as such it will be transformed to data easily. less so for other pokes?

As I said not seen the ep but I am not sure that it stands to reason because it happens to porygon it happens to all pokes.

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • I rarely anymore but I use to play this online Pokemon RP and if your a Pokemon caught by a Trainer you can go inside the Pokeball which is like a garden with flowers, water, caves and stuff and even cute little things where you can look into and see what your trainer is up to ^-^

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    i have a other queastion ! WTF ARE pokemon ? i mean a huge thing like onix can be ... "sucked" in a pokeball and turn into a red beam ? =O what the ....

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • You know, this always has been a mystery. I never know what's exactly inside a Pokeball. Oh well. Maybe null-void-space thingy, or what the heck?

Madara Uchiha

1017 BRICK SQUAD ******
    Years
  • In a episode I watched a long time ago they said its a world that fits the pokemon's type. Example Trecko would go to a forest or whatever may seem to like.

typhlosionLV80

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • Another excellent question!

Well I would think that if the circuitry theory is correct then all it would need to do is bump around and destroy the circuitry thus making the pokeball malfunction and open. On the other hand the Pokemon could just break it open with brute force.

I say that every Pokemon (including magikarp and unown) learn Hyper Beam temporarily and use it to try and burst out, the power of the Beam being stronger with more HP.
    :D thats just MY theory.

Years
  • Uhhh....in the games, I'm guessing NOMZ!!!!

In the anime?

Judging by Pikachu...it differs. Pikachu has a burning ring of fire coz he's evil and hacked volt tackle :P

Other pokemon have the scent of their hometown (if anybody reads PokeSpec, Emerald calms pokemon with the soil of their hometown, right? Same theory here)

AaronOnPokemon

"So the story continues!"
    Years
  • I know whats inside a pokéball. It is like on doctor who, the pokéball is bigger and the inside. It is a massive house. The have all they want like a pool and a massive house with loads of land :p

Years
  • I think most of the explanations are right, but could you imagine begin stuck in a small space like that for longer then a day? I sure would not like it. Thats probably the reason why Pikachu won't stay in a poke ball.

Back