• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What exactly keeps you watching?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, I'm a little bored, plus this anime section is dead, so you know what that means/ new thread.
    --

Well, I'm sure most of you know- a lot of people tend to stop watching the series, weather they think they've grown out of it or just don't like it anymore. But a lot of us here seem to have been watching since they were young, or rather just kept watching for a very long time.
    I'd like to know what you like so much about the anime and what keeps you watching.

Well, I have to say, I'm very passionate when it comes to this anime. There are certainly many attributes that I love about the series. There's the many great characters that we've been introduced to, and amazing Pokémon, the travels, and the intense battles that have always kept me watching this long. And, well - one day I'd like to see Ash become that master. I like to think that we've all been traveling along with Ash on his whole journey, that's why I feel like I need to keep watching, and experience the Pokémon world, as crazy as it may sound to few, a lot of people that have been watching as long as I have must feel the same.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Since BW started, for the sake of completion. I want to see how Ash's story ends. Which I feel like I'm never going to get. :/

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think he meant the anime forum is dead XD It does amuse me to see Mew~ post something like that, though.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Ugh...I was gonna Post that Topic :P

Anyway, Yeah, I've been stuck with this Anime from the day it began. The Main Reason probably might be me wanting to see the progression. I mean, I am eager to see what's gonna happen after this series, will Ash win or will the writers win again by finding a way to stall the series for more. Recently, I got informed that Pokemon is likely never gonna end, the same trend will keep happening.

However I do still watch knowing the same thing will happen to see how will they handle such pattern and for how long. I anticipate how the series end. For an Instance, Unova, is one of my most anticipated series to discover its ending. Its because Ash previous factors of loss doesn 't seem to appear. His rival isn't a threat, and I can't expect a character like Tobias to reappear (forcing a loss) or maybe some sort of Ash's Friend he meets in a League and then loses to such as Harrison and that dude with a meowth.

So basically, I keep watching too see the outcome and I am curious of what will happen after Unova. Will there be a new region or will it be a climactic point where Ash will head and defeat a Champion's League?

And besides, Pokemon in overall is interesting, it never gets old even though things keep repeating itself. I still am shocked of how the writer kept it moving at the same pace with no trouble...In fact ppl seem to enjoy it..:surprised:

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

I like season 10-13 most. I saw one episode of 12th season, and then I thought; it would be great to see more Diamond and Pearl episodes. I watched 1st season very long time ago. Now I started 1st season, and I'm going to season 14. So I watch all Pokémon episodes there are. But specially Diamond and Pearl episodes keeps me watching anime. Pokémon anime isn't dead! And anyone can watch Pokémon. 10yo, 20 or 30yo. It's peoples own choice what they watch. Pokémon 4ever!

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • To see what Pokemon Ash gets. Honestly, I don't care about anything else, apart from the battles, and the storyline, include the characters, oh, and.... well you get my point. I just like seeing it progress and what the Pokemon actually look like :D

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I like season 10-13 most. I saw one episode of 12th season, and then I thought; it would be great to see more Diamond and Pearl episodes. I watched 1st season very long time ago. Now I started 1st season, and I'm going to season 14. So I watch all Pokémon episodes there are. But specially Diamond and Pearl episodes keeps me watching anime. Pokémon anime isn't dead! And anyone can watch Pokémon. 10yo, 20 or 30yo. It's peoples own choice what they watch. Pokémon 4ever!

:o Exactly the same here, anyway the poster didn't say PkMn is DEAD :P , he meant this forum was xD

Cilan

- all yours -
    Years
  • I quite like the characters and their eccentricities and development. If the show had no good characters in it then... what would be the point? And of course watching the Pokémon in action is fun.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I've watched it from the first episode and it's become something that I need to finish. I never leave any anime unfinished, and it's a habit. It's not bad either.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I stopped watching when Diamond And Pearl started, it was terrible.

I will, however, admit to watching the first movie last week.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I enjoy the show because of the way the depict the pokemon and give life too them. Sure you can see the pokemon within the game that are just data and perform attacks, that's all good and nice but there is nothing to the character of it. I think the anime does a great job in giving pokemon character. The journey as a whole and the interactions with pokemon and other people is enjoyable to watch for the most part. I like too see battles for sure, that is probably my favorite part in the series.

As for why I still watch, I like too thing that maybe just maybe we will see continuation and progression of Ash character. That maybe one day he will win a championship in a region. And I just like too see how they handle the pokemon in each series.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I find the storylines rather cute and heartwarming despite the repetitive and formulaic nature of the episodes.
    & I've been watching for so long, it's kinda hard to stop x)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Sometimes I just watch it for the battles and game characters (I'm an avid fan of the games), but I haven't been following the anime really closely, just checking up on new episodes and dropping in when an episode interests me. :/

Squirtle Hero

Squirtle Hero
    Years
  • The older seasons were SO much better than the Diamond and Pearl and Black and White so I don't watch it much,but I do watch the old movies alot just this morning I watched Lucario and the mystery of Mew.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What keeps me watching the show is how Pokemon is the Pokemon's personalities and the storyline of the current series.

Back