• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What features would you want to see in a GS remake?

Pkmn Trainer Kona-chan

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    I hope they remake it so you can go to two different regions and get 16 badges by doing so. That was one of my favorite parts of that game. :)

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Kanto should stay there with all its sixteen badge goodness. Better music. I wanna hear the correct songs for each Kanto town. Also, they'd better use a good Pokemon center theme. Not the crap in the new games. I'm a bit of an audiophile. PokeGEAR! Not PokeNavi or whatever. Items should stay the same and no new gen Pokemon.

Gold, Kris, and Silver should have similar outfits that aren't extremely changed. Use the revamped colors or original colors for Kris. I want Safari Zone open and for Blane to have his gym back where it was so that we may be able to get the legendary birds. Mewtwo as well.

More story as well. More Team Rocket and interactions with Silver. He needs to be a more challenging opponent as well. Like Gary/Blue/Green. Stronger trainers times infinity. Red should get stronger(despite that fact that it'd be almost impossible to beat him first try) and should have different sets of Pokemon, different starer Pokemon, psychics, and normals, but always having Pikachu. That was something my brother and I came up with. ^^;

More puzzles should be added and the puzzles existing need to retain their difficult. I think that might be me getting a little pick, but hey, you asked. I probably will add a whole lot more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I want them to KEEP the sixteen gym and going to Kanto thing, because that's extremely fun to do in the game. I also want them to KEEP Red in the game, as he's my favorite person to beat (plus I want them to keep the music for when you're facing him, because that music owns my soul.)

Knowing the people who make the games, they'll probably add the new pokemon. HOWEVER, I would like it to be after something, perhaps the final battle with Red. Or perhaps even after you complete the pokedex of the first 251 pokemon. That was, you aren't thumped with having 492 or something Pokemon to chase after at the beginning of the game, and you still have to only chose from the firse 251 for your team. (Because we all know we miss having less to choose from, so we pick pokemon we have never had before to not have the same team as in every other game. :3 )

Main battles need to be stronger too. Even Red was really quite easy once I got the hang of it. I also think that Red should have the team that Red has in the Manga, but that's just me. >__>

There are more that I want, but I'm going to stop here for now because I'm tired. :3

Back