• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What First Attracted You to Pokemon? What Keeps You a Fan?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    When I was six, someone in my class brought in a pokemon figure that walked, it was Treeko. I asked him what it was and he said " It is a pokemon toy, called TREEKO, it can use grass powers. Now at that stage I absolutely loved that Treeko, so I bought a HOW TO DRAW POKEMON book with stickers inside, and that book showed me how to draw Treeko!

I Still have that book now, and I Have to admit I am a really good pokemon creator now.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Pokemon is what it always was to a little kid: Awesome. And the nostalgia of that makes the current experience much better than it should be.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    The games. I am mostly in this because of the games. They happen to be a good, solid set of RPG's (In fact, this was my introduction to this wonderful genre!) and I can somewhat remember begging my parents for a Gameboy after playing Red or Blue at my cousin's house. The real kicker? He has long since lost interest and moved on, but I'm still playing after all these years!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I was bought a gameboy color and pokemon yellow when I was like 5 and just got into playing it. Ever since then i just liked it. I guess i sticked with it because it is one of the few things that bring me joy.

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    Charmander Pocket Monster card in 1998. The one below but in Japanese.

What First Attracted You to Pokemon? What Keeps You a Fan?

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I was attracted to Pokemon since '98. At that time, all my friends either had Red or Blue or were watching the anime. So I basically followed in their footsteps. I stayed a fan mainly because of the new Pokemon introduced with each generation.

Years
    What got me into pokemon was the anime. I remember years ago turning on the tv, and seeing the squrtile squad episode on. I was hooked since then.

Whats funny is that I now hate the anime series, lol. What keeps me a fan is the games. I love them.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Weeelll, what first attracted me was my grandmother bought me Yellow version..and that yellow version gameboy color for one of my birthdays..And I remember pikachu just amazed me. I also used to watch the anime as a little kid, and was just so fascinated by it. So, being curious, I bought Red and Blue, and continued to play them. Then Gold and Silver and Crystal..and since then ive bought pretty much every pokemon game up until Diamond and Pearl, which I took a small "break" from. Then, with the release of Black and White, it has fueled my drive to get back on the side of Poke lovers! So, I haz made a new goal for myself. To buy every single Pokemon game (besides poke pinball and the dungeon ones and etc...>_>) and beat them by the end of summer...Good plan aye?:D.

Back