• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Game Did You Retire?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    A lot of us here do not have the newer systems and we only play the older games, or have completely moved out of Pokemon in general and just are here for the community.

When did you call it quits?

The last Pokemon game that I bought was Platinum, beat the Elite 4 and called it quits shortly after. I've played some emulators and the Showdown servers, but that's never the same. I used to do challenges for Emerald and what not, but now, I really just came back for the community.

Fairy <3

Sirfetch’d

I haven't retired yet and hopefully never will! Pokemon is just too fun for me to call it quits haha. I did go an extended period of time without playing the games as my DS broke and I didn't buy a new one in time for B&W's release, but picked back up shortly after.

Years
  • I haven't retired yet and hopefully never will! Pokemon is just too fun for me to call it quits haha. I did go an extended period of time without playing the games as my DS broke and I didn't buy a new one in time for B&W's release, but picked back up shortly after.

This. While I wasn't the most active for a while before Platinum's release (and to a lesser extent DP's), I haven't had the slightest thoughts of retiring. As long as they keep going with the games i'll still be ready for them.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Originally I retired after playing Sapphire. The main reason was, because I changed school to somewhere where nobody was playing the games (or at least they didn't talk about it). Also I simply didn't find the time to play the games anymore.

I stopped playing for at least six or seven years and the only reason why I came back to the series was because internet happend.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I originally retired in Platinum last year but I got back into things after picking up Soul Silver for a second run.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I quit Pokémon games for a while all together after playing Diamond, if that counts. When Platinum was introduced, however, my interest spiked back up, and haven't dwindled ever since.

Hopefully, I will never quit following this series. There aren't much words that could describe it; it's simply amazing.

Years
  • I haven't retired at all yet. I pretty much always like to stay up-to-date and get the newest games whenever I can. And so far nothing has been disappointing for me so that's great.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I haven't retired yet, but I might after this generation is said and done, unless Gen VII is the most interesting generation yet, or there are DP remakes announced...

Years
  • Pretty much retired from Sinnoh PtDP as HgSs are quite different. Pretty well retired from the Ranger games too, R.I.P

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I lost interest in white 2 and i never ended up beating that game. I did end up buying the new mystery dungeon game though and i pre-ordered Y too and got it a day early :D I don't plan to stop playing pokemon as it's my favourite handheld game.

Back