• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen WHAT GAME DO YOU PREFER?

Which game do you prefer?

• Diamond

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Pearl

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    I'm going to be getting Diamond or Pearl very soon, and I was wondering what you guys' opinions were. Which have better pokemon? I know they're virtually the same, but I was just wondering which you thought was better.

(my birthstone is pearl, so I'm currently leaning towards that, hehe)

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    In my opinion, I think that Pearl was better. However, both of them have pros and cons to them, like, Larvitar is on Diamond which is a con to me however Bagon is on Pearl which is a pro to me. So I'll pick Pearl.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Definitely Pearl, everyone else i know has Diamond, i like being a different person to everyone else.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    id say pearl because well palkia has more speed and sp atk and well u no all the usuall

Years
    stockys96:yeah, we know the usual but it seems liek you don't. *when's this guy gonna get booted out, he spams, might report him*

molee:storyline is the same but Pearl is better. here is a (ver small) list I have composed:
    Palkia
    Good National Dex poke's available even though Sinnoh dex lacks poke's.

Cid

Years
    I'd say Diamond because of the version exclusives, color (blue), and because I don't really like pink.

Flamer

Transforming Tyrant
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I pefer pearl. I like Palkia better than Diagla :)

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I like Dialga because of it's appearance and it has high stat attack. Also for Palkia. I like Diamond and Pearl. That's why I didn't vote.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer pearl more, because I like Palkia more than Dialga and if u are thinking of buying one of these games. Make sure you get a copy of Platinum in the future. ;]

Years
    Diamond. I've got it, and well, Dialga has just alot of Resistances. XD

Palkia has 1 weakness, Dilga has 2. Most other oves hit Palkia for x1. Oh well. Palkia has better stats. In a one-on-one Palkia would just use Earthquake or Fire Blast. Maybe even Aura Sphere. Dialga looks more like a dog than a dragon. oh well. If you're buying the game on looks not stats then you're pretty low. No offence to everyone out there who thinks Dialga looks like a cat, I mean dragon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2008
    diamond is best.

I'm going to be getting Diamond or Pearl very soon, and I was wondering what you guys' opinions were. Which have better pokemon? I know they're virtually the same, but I was just wondering which you thought was better.

(my birthstone is pearl, so I'm currently leaning towards that, hehe)

well i think diamond is the best because you can catch cranidose and it is more of a challenge

Years
    What does it for me is looking at the majority of the exclusive Pokémon to each game before buying.

I've always been a big fan of Slowpoke, so that made Pearl my choice. Mismagius is another thing that tipped me to Pearl, as I've always liked Misdreavus more than I liked Murkrow... that at Honchkrow's design, like most of the post 2nd gen Pokémon, flat out sucks.

Basing which version you get solely on the mascot Pokémon is stupid; it doesn't really effect how you're going to enjoy the game, just how you'll see the case and startup screen. I really could care less about which mascot Pokémon is on my copy as I'll have captured both of the Pokémon anyways..

So yeah, instead of turning to the masses to make the decision for you...

Click here and see which one has Pokémon you would like better.

Last edited:
    Back