• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen what game version do you prefer? Gold or Silver?

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    I got both on release day, because I can never decide.
    Every generation so far, I've bought both copies because I'm very indecisive.
    BUT. I prefer Silver.. just because I started on that one first on my Lime green GBC (:

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Gold.

It was the version I had for the Second Generation, I preferred the colour over Silver and I preferred the sprites in the game, which were more friendly looking, Silver's looked a little strange and more alien.

I still like Silver though, but I love Gold more.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i got them both but i prefer silver for a few reasons. lugia and also silver is one of my favorite colors.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I prefer Silver more. I like the Pokemon that are only available in that version more then in Gold. Though mostly because I never played Gold as I never had the chance to buy it.
    It worked for me when all was said and done.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Am I the only one who wants both here? XD;

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Gold for the win. Suprised? Eh you shouldnt. It was my very first pokemon game. Even though I didnt know how to play it (let alone get past youngster Joey at age 6) I still enjoyed my 2 town sweep. Everyone else in my class had Silver, and my cousins also had Silver. I would say: Why does that house have windows and mine doesnt?

I never understood that until I got sapphire and completed that, then went back to Gold and finish it. Gold brings back some good memories.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    Originally I liked Gold more, but now I like Silver more. Before it was mostly because of the sprites in Gold, now it's mostly which Pokemon are exclusive to Silver. :P

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Gold, I hated getting poisoned by Weeldes in Silver. ;;
    Plus, sentimental values as well, I got it for Christmas one year~ Found my first shiny there as well. ^^

days

Galactic HQ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Lugia during flight at night...so soothing.

I prefer Silver sprites over Gold

Silver !

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    I like silver just because I think the color is more appealing than gold and I like Lugia better than Ho-oh

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Silver; simply because it was the 2nd ever Pokemon game I ever owned :'3

I bought it pre-owned since like I used my own allowance >_> I was like 5 or something...

But the pre-owned game was at the beginning with a character named Silver and a Squirtle named Bubbles :3 They had obviously hacked it in, but I didn't care.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Silver! Although I did buy both versions when they came out. (they were my first Pokemon games C: ) I found I played Silver significantly more than gold; not sure why.

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
    Silver, just because it was the first game that I've ever owned. Out of all of the games in the store, Silver caught my eye. :)
    Plus, I use to be obsessed with water-types so I loved the concept of Lugia.

Back