• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Games were better? Metal or Colour?

What games were better? Metal (GSC) Or Colour (RBGY)

• Metal (GSC)

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Colour (RBGY)

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Well. There is a Silver vs Gold has one of these, so you know...

I have to go with colour!! The originals... Blastoise... Charizard... Venasaur!!! I love the first gen pokemanz!!! And the D/P ones, but thats a diffrent debate lol!!! So yus... I have voted :)

Please, don't turn this into a huge argument. Just debate it out with points and explinations.

Lol XD seiriously though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    I liked Red and Blue, I started out playing Red and it was one of my favorite games. However, I like Gold and Silver better because they added so many cool new Pokemon and features. So out of the two generations, I prefer Gold and Silver, but I also like Red and Blue.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    i liked gold, silver, and crystle the best. they were awesome!!

Years
    I liked the Metal games better because the color's battle system was god awful. The things I hated about the color's battle system.

- The critical hit system was really screwed up. It was measured by the speed of your Pokemon.
    - The metagame was dominated by a single type which was Psychic.
    - Some of the moves were horribly screwed up like Counter for instance. You think that it counters all attacks that go under physical but in reality it only counters Normal and Fighting moves.
    - Unlike in GSC, you had to wait until your next turn to attack after your Pokemon woke up from sleeping. If your opponent was faster than you, then they can easily put you back to sleep again if they are lucky.

Last edited:

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Technically, metals for colours, day/night, radio, storyline

Red/Blue for being such an fun adventure! (Even now!) It won't matter how 3D Pearl/Diamond is if I can still enjoy Red/Blue/Yellow.

The problem with the old games is finding something to do after you've defeated the league, besides completing the Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Metal. The only real problem with Metal is the lack of difficulty. The game is a complete breeze.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    the colors made me fall in love with pokemon but the metals made me fall in love with johto, best region IMO <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    Aww come on, the colours guys!

The metals are my least favourite of the series. The new features were cool (day/night, radio), but RBY is just too much fun. Plus, I loved having my little Pikachu buddy in Yellow. :D

Yeah, but isn't it great when you have a Psychic? XD

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    i loved the Colour generation....but the Metal ones were cool to...but im an original kinda guy, so i gotta go with the Colors...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i like the metal games couse they where the only pokemon games to have a good storyline where as the colors where just walk from town to town and beat the gym leader and if you could be bothered to finish the pokedex

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    They both have their pros and cons; metal was different region wise; Colour had one region; but the game was different to Metal o_0

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I liked the Metal games better because the color's battle system was god awful. The things I hated about the color's battle system.

- The critical hit system was really screwed up. It was measured by the speed of your Pokemon.
    - Some of the moves were horribly screwed up like Counter for instance. You think that it counters all attacks that go under physical but in reality it only counters Normal and Fighting moves.
    - Unlike in GSC, you had to wait until your next turn to attack after your Pokemon woke up from sleeping. If your opponent was faster than you, then they can easily put you back to sleep again if they are lucky.

Is critical hit not still measured by you Speed? If so, how can you see how high critical hit chance your Pokemon have?
    One thing you did not mention. What about the Spec. Atk and Spec. Def being one Special? That made Luckey/Chansey a very strong Pokemon for instance.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Color and the animation in G/S was obviously a big thing, but for some reason I voted R/B. I think its because its the original and like, the first idea that they had.

Back