• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What gen do you want a 3D remake of?

What gen deserves a 3D gaming remake?

• Total voters

pkmin3033

Am I the only one who doesn't want their favourite generation remade with an inferior visual style? The 3D visuals offered by the 3DS titles are vastly inferior to the 2D sprite titles, and much as I'd love to replay Gen IV, I think a lot of the magic would be lost if they were presented with those disgusting models that just rob the Pokemon they portray of all their cartoonish charm and turn them into a child's plasticine experiment gone horribly awry.

If the Switch will offer superior visuals, I would still prefer a generation I don't like quite so much - Gen I seems the obvious choice here - to be remade in these visuals before Gen IV, so they can iron out the bugs and set a standard they can then improve on.

Butchering my favourite games doesn't really appeal to me, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Am I the only one who doesn't want their favourite generation remade with an inferior visual style? The 3D visuals offered by the 3DS titles are vastly inferior to the 2D sprite titles, and much as I'd love to replay Gen IV, I think a lot of the magic would be lost if they were presented with those disgusting models that just rob the Pokemon they portray of all their cartoonish charm and turn them into a child's plasticine experiment gone horribly awry.

If the Switch will offer superior visuals, I would still prefer a generation I don't like quite so much - Gen I seems the obvious choice here - to be remade in these visuals before Gen IV, so they can iron out the bugs and set a standard they can then improve on.

Butchering my favourite games doesn't really appeal to me, so I'll leave it at that.
    Disagree. DP remakes would look great with those graphics but they should be saved for the Switch. We are not getting another set of remakes on 3DS.

Gen 1 does not need to remade and it does not deserve one. Kanto is out.

Sinnoh is the obvious choice. It is next in line and is superior to kanto in every way. DP remakes more sense.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    remake dp and i'll never ask for another remake again

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Imo gen 4 remakes are inevitable, so I'm gonna say gen 2, just because then the people who want Johto, and some of the people who want kanto (the people who just want the region, like a few people above) would both be happy. Although gen 1 and 2 are both on Eshop :/

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Started my journey 10 years ago in Sinnoh. Hell I'll take it if it's on the Switch in Gen VIII, just as long as we get one.

Back