• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Generation Do You Like Best?

What Generation Is Best?

• 1st (001-151) (Bulbasaur-Mew)

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • 2nd (152-251) (Chikorita-Celebi)

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • 3rd (252-386) (Treecko-Deoxys)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 4th (387-493) (Turtwig-Arceus)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
  • What generation do you like best? I liked the first best. Why? Because Nintendo ran out of ideas in later generation. The old ones were best! The second was good too, but if I have to choose, it will be the first. Actually, I liked all the GBA generations. But the first is best because it has Pikachu, Charizard, Alakazam, Machamp, Gengar, Chansey, and it has 5 legendary Pokemon Articuno, Zapdoz, Moltres, Mew and Mewtwo!

Last edited:

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I can't decide between the first and the second. The first, for nostalgia reasons, but...the second has Espeon...hmmm...

Years
  • First generation was the best of the best.
    Why? It's simple.
    The Pokémon involved were awesome. Looks like Nintendo and GameFreak or whatever it is, is running out of ideas for Pokémon...design and names, both.

What have really changed in the games since the 1st generation?
    Almost nothing. If you "look" closely, the story is also the same. It's like completing the same adventure with different characters and REALLY improved graphics.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every Pokémon game generation, but in my opinion the 1st one was the best.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
  • This isn't what region you like best. It's what generation you liked best. And I mean the Pokemons.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • As with region, the original 151 will likely always be my favorite lineup. It's what I grew up with (a lot of my most beloved monsters are in there), IMO it's the most original, and I also feel it was the most creative. After a while it began to feel like they were trying too hard to think up new species and get more money out of the franchise. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just felt more natural and genuine at first. Besides, I don't want there to be too many Pokemon. I like a large number, but when you starting getting around 500+ it's starting to get too carried away IMO.

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    I liked the 2nd gen because the pokemon were a little more unique then Gen 1 and Gamefreak didnt go overboard with designs of pokemon in Gen 3 and 4.
    But Region wise, Johto cause you could back to Kanto. Ahh memories. =)

BowtiePenguin

Proud; noble; penguins.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    In my opinion, the first was the best - the idea was fresh, the sprites weren't prefect, but were unique and charming (this goes for RBY and FRLG), there were plenty, and varied, different kinds of pokemon to catch... ♥

I think the fourth was second best. Although it's none too creative, the sprites are killer and some of the pokemon are really interesting.

After that is the second gen. Third gen doesn't place -- really, I hated it.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • The first generation will forever remain my favorite. The second wasn't too bad, and is included amongst my greatest Pokemon memories, but never can anything change my opinion. And I hate how everything I cherished from the first batch--Tangela, Rhydon, etc--are now being evolved. Tangrowth and Rhyperior are just ridiculous, as is Magnezone. The fifth generation (that's coming, right?) will probably further corrupt the great simplicity I have come to yearn for.

Edit - Really, I think 151 Pokemon were plenty. You had enough diversity to prevent repetition, yet there were few enough that you knew what was going on. I don't know that I'm describing this properly, but I think some of you will get what I mean. 500 seems a little overboard.

Ayselipera

Kanto because the first 150 pokemon were the best imo.
    Johto because the Kanto region set up was just so boring compared to Johto's.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    i only played

Gen 1
    Gen 3
    Gen 4

and TBH i like the 4th gen is the best Pokemon platinum is really cool

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Nothing beats generations I & II, I didn't like Hoenn at all, Sinnoh I did like though but not as much as the Kanto or Johto pokemon. Those will always be my favorites.

Back