• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What genre is your comfort zone?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    In which genre of music do you feel most comfortable? I know you probably don't define yourself with only one genre, but most people have a genre that is atleast home. Which genre is your home?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I really like rock, but not the heavy, borderline metal stuff. More like the Beatles. I guess I also feel comfortable with electronic/trance, although that's a pretty large area.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • indie rock. of all sorts really. from any decade. (emo especially.) but I'm comfortable with a number of other genres, too, just none to the extent that I am with indie shit namsayin.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Mostly Pop Punk/Power Metal/Alternative Rock. A lot of my music can help me wind down, but it's the style of the music that sets my mood, you know? I don't really care much about the genre I'm listening to.

Years
  • I'm on the same spectrum as maccrash and that's the indie rock, in fact you'll quite a lot of it peppered over my Tumblr page should you have looked at it. I'm also into dance, but then there's most other genres that feel a bit iffy to me.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Piano/orchestra music is my comfort zone any time of any day, I love it. Rap is my comfort zone when I'm playing beer pong, and deathcore/metalcore is my comfort zone when I'm angry.

To be more specific, my favorite artists that are my comfort zones in those situations are Jarren Benton and Whitechapel. I really only listen to the instrumental string and piano music when I'm meditating, trying to sleep, or when I'm alone.

Sir Codin

Classic hard rock, progressive rock, symphony orchestras, downtempo, electronic lounge, and hardcore punk are also favorites of mine. Folk music from Northern Europe, Brazil, the Middle East, and India are also good.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Hm... Probably quite easily Oldies (60s/70s - NOT 80s)/70s Soft Rock. I like having radio stations on in the background that play them (sadly, it's hard to find any stations anymore that aren't saturated by 80s nonsense. >.<), and a fair amount of my library is music from those genres.

It's hard to describe exactly why. That's my parents generations, and I was raised to some of it, but in the end I came to like it all on my own.

Years
  • Melodic Progressive House. There's rarely a track in the genre that don't like, and when there is, it's still not that bad. Vocals or no vocals, I don't really mind. I download all the new releases I can get my mouse on.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Lot of metal/rock and indie. It's funny, on internet forums you don't see many people that are really into dance, hardstyle or pop.

I myself, as I think I made clear, haha, am big into poppunk, and it's always safe to put on. It doesn't matter in which mood I am, I always like it, which I don't have with other genres. I can't always listen to Rap, Metal or Electronic, but poppunk always works for me.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I enjoy a lot of electronica at home, up beat stuff. Heavy occasionally suits me, but otherwise I listen to chilled, easy-listening stuff. My music taste is incredibly wide, and I can listen to most music. Most days I listen to a bit of everything.

Years
  • Alt rock/post-hardcore/pop punk mainly. I do enjoy classical and progressive house when I'm in a more contemplative mood.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The kind of music you'd consider Passion Pit, Matt and Kim, Two Door Cinema Club, Bear Hands, Jonsi, Wild Nothing, Washed Out, Beach Fossils, Real Estate, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Sleigh Bells, and all those other good bands to be.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Depends really. I generally feel most comfortable with western or foreign pop, but I also love alternative rock (more specifically Placebo). My music tastes are sometimes hard to explain.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Electroswing is definitely my favorite genre overall. I'm also a big fan of anything electronic, jazz, and orchestral.

Back