• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What good deed have you done recently?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Have you gone out of your way to show kindness or do something Good today? Or recently?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    At our state fair I purchased way too many tickets (of which I didn't end up using). I found a mom with a child and gave them all my tickets. I had to leave anyways and this was a better alternative than tossing them out.

Years
  • Walked a few tourists who were lost to their destination today. It wasn't too far off, but I'm glad I could help since they were on the older side and didn't seem to have mobile phones to map with after they realized they went the wrong way!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I helped two of my best friends who had a huge misunderstanding/falling out to get back together. they finally met up for the first time in many months on Sunday and seemed to have been amicable. makes me happy! might not have been a huge "gone out of my way" thing but I could have just left them to the winds I guess ;;

Years
  • Today is the day of the month that I pay for the keep of a rescue animal I sponsor, a cow named Diane. She is my most recent good deed.

She spent 4 years tied to a stall at a dairy farm, and wasn't allowed to move beyond those couple of feet of space sadly. Like most dairy cows in the industry she was also often impregnated with the insemination gun so that she would have lots of babies and make milk. Her boy calves were shot after birth since they don't give milk, or sold to beef farmers, the girls calves taken away and prepped to be dairy cows too. When Diane stopped having children and producing milk she was scheduled for slaughter, but fortunately the organization i donate to bought her and saved her life before it was too late. There she is, my sweetie.

Years
  • I donated to Go Fund Me for victims of the Plum Home explosion. It was a disaster that happened just outside of Pittsburgh recently. Investigations haven't been completed, but it's possible that underground gas pipeline was damaged, and triggered this.

What happend is a nightmare. Several homes were destroyed in this neighborhood, people were injured and killed, and among the casualties was a family. This was Keegan, only 12-year-old when he died this weekend.

I wanted to do something to help the surviving relatives as they grieve and try to rebuild their lives.

Years
  • I gave someone from my work a ride because their car had broken down. I've had to get my car jumped multiple times before so I figured it was only fair to pay it forward.

Years
  • It's not what I DID but what I will be DOING!
    Later today, i'm gifting my brother (since he did more than I will ever do in my life including becoming a lawyer, getting married, and buying an actual house) my Switch and my home consoles.
    The Switch game "sell-pile" kept getting bigger by the second (no joke) so I was like screw this. Give it to someone I care about, deserves it, and...it's better than selling it anyway.
    As for my home consoles, there's this cleaning crew who involuntarily come to my group home every Tuesday and is VERY rough with my stuff. They've already broke my Gamecube and other stuff, and I can't risk it with the N64 and other potential home consoles if I ever chose to keep them here.
    So the systems are already packed and when I get picked up to see the fam later today, my brother will get them. Simple as that.
    I won't be completely gameless though. I still have my 2DS and GBA. I spent way too much money on the E-shop when the 2DS E-shop was a thing, so I have plenty of games including some Pokemon ones.

Back