• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Graphics Would You Prefer?

What Graphics Would You Prefer?

• Fire Red - Leaf Green Style

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • Diamond - Pearl Style

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Either - I Like Both xD

Votes: 23 19.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    That's something I believe, but the DS graphics isn't even nearly as smooth and colourful as the GBA graphics.
    But in all other ways, the DS graphics is better.

I'd love it if they could just add maximum smoothness to DS graphics, because the graphics being sharp and less detailed in terms of colour just doesn't seem nice.
    It's also annoying when I see those less worked on graphics of the DS with abrupt ending because of low detail, and when I see that the vivid colouring is gone.

So, if these few things could be implemented in the DS graphics, it would be better than the GBA graphics in all ways.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Definetely the DPPt graphics. Out of all the generations rse/frlg had the worst ever. I dunno I just didn't like the strange-ness to it. It felt way more blocky then the other games.

Years
  • I hated the Fr/Lg and D/P graphics but I loved the R/S/E and Platinum graphics so I wouldn't choose any of those options

i can see what you mean, difference wise, between FR/LG and RSE, slightly...
    but how can you notice a difference between DP and Platinum?!
    they just look the same to me
    you people just need to be less picky D:
    everyones already going on about losing the "nostalgia"
    for god sake, theres GOING to be new things, i wouldn't pay for an identical remake, it'd be boring?
    you're just gonna have to face it that they're not gonna use FR/LG graphics for a Nintendo DS game.. it'd be downright disappointing.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • i can see what you mean, difference wise, between FR/LG and RSE, slightly...
    but how can you notice a difference between DP and Platinum?!
    they just look the same to me
    you people just need to be less picky D:
    everyones already going on about losing the "nostalgia"
    for god sake, theres GOING to be new things, i wouldn't pay for an identical remake, it'd be boring?
    you're just gonna have to face it that they're not gonna use FR/LG graphics for a Nintendo DS game.. it'd be downright disappointing.
    Cause you know the graphics in Platinum sucked:

Honestly how can you not see a difference.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Cause you know the graphics in Platinum sucked:

Honestly how can you not see a difference.

Even I wasn't able to differentiate between them untill you gave these pics lol :P. Its maybe coz I didn't paid much attention to them. I didn't understood whether you were praising D/P or Pt. But I think that Pt has better visuals.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • HeartGold & SoulSilver - It may just be me but I was not very fond of the strange DS graphics what were used in Diamond and Pearl.

I would rather have the FireRed / LeafGreen Graphics for this.

Does anyone else agree?

Well, the DS graphics used in DPPt made things look 3d, and made hills and such, so it will be interesting to see what Kanto will look like redone in the DS style.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • its only the trees that changed,
    i just can't see how people can hate DP graphics, but love platinum graphics? :|
    No! Its not the trees that have only changed. If you take a closer look, you will find other differences too.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • its only the trees that changed,
    i just can't see how people can hate DP graphics, but love platinum graphics? :|
    Just the trees? JUST THE TREES? Its less saturated, the path is more smoth and less blocky, the ledges are more natural, the grass patches are more natural, and the flowers are a tiny bit smaller. I will post every single area now just to show you how they changed:

You can tell the lake isn't some random box of water, and the hill is much more flowing in the grass.

The bridge is much smoother and better.

Has actual lamposts, has a much better texture for the bridge, and has tunnels. I know doesn't count too much the tunnel but yeah.

The trees are much more unique.

The houses changed and the road is with a different texture.
    Need I say more?

Years
  • [long post]

ok christ calm down :| talk about over-reaction?
    its just my opinion.
    but they haven't DRASTICALLY changed have they?
    not like between RSE and FR/LG
    and my whole point was that, i dont understand how someone can full on HATE the DP graphics but LOVE the platinum ones when the differences aren't that drastic? jeeez.

No! Its not the trees that have only changed. If you take a closer look, you will find other differences too.

i just meant that one picture that was given
    christ didn't realise i'd get hated on for one little comment

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Yeah, its just a tile change, its not a complete style change.
    The styles pokemon games have had are:
    r/b/y/g/s/c > r/s > fr/lg/e > d/p/p/hg/ss

Back