• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What handheld do you play Pokemon on?

Years
    I played them on my translucent original Game Boy Advance until I got a DS, then I played them on that until the top screen became dysfunctional. Now I use my DS Lite.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't really get this question lol, I play Pokémon on whatever handheld goes with the game. GBC for first and second gen, ADV for third, and DS for the rest.

Zythrone

The One And Only!
    Years
    Whatever the latest handheld that lets you play the games is...

Mostly the 3DS since I don't really play my older Pokemon games much.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    I usually play on the platform the game was made for... It just feels right >.>

I mean, 1 & 2 gen games on a gameboy, 3 gen on a gameboy advance, 4 & 5 on a DS.

Now that I think about It.. I've spent way too much cash on batteries XD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I just got an SP to add to my collection, and i <3 it. Its awesome, much better imo than playing emerald on the original ds. Also got r/s!

Years
    I still try to play all my games on their original systems, but lately I've preferred playing my Gold on my SP because of the backlit screen. I also like the idea of people using pictures, so here are the systems I have.

Spoiler:

Years
    I had a clear Gameboy Pocket for games like Yellow/Silver, and the most modern console I have is my white Gameboy Advance :)

I'd love to get a green DS Lite to play some of the newer games though :)

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    3DS all day now :)

Still have a pink DS (For the lols) in my bag xD, people give me stuff because of it (6' tall 190 pounds guy playing on a pink DS... Yeah hahaha) But i like it and plus it would be the place where i would be able to play my GBA games :D

Right now the thing i wish for since i know it would be hard for me to get a GBC and the metal games is for the nintendo store to finally put on the virtual console some of the old Pokemon games, i mean we already know it can do it so i'm more than sure it's just a matter of time right?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I started playing on my pink gameboy advance. I then backtracked to a gameboy color. Now I use the original ds for the gameboy advance and ds games. Maybe someday I'll upgrade to a 3DS. :)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I got a GBA like, 8 years ago and I used to play 2nd and 3rg gen ALL THE TIME on it.
    Then about 5 years ago I got a DS lite and I started playing all of my games on there.
    But I like the way games look on my GBA so I will often play that instead of my DS.

All in all, they are both my children.

Back