• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Happened to Wally?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

Haha, this. Whenever he battled me after meeting him for the first time, I always forget who the hell is he. He was really neither a rival nor a 'tough' opponent to me.
    Yeah i know. Infact before reading this thread i had actually forgotten wally even was a rival. Heck i even FORGOT him.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Wally was cool to me in a way, for having a gardevoir. But other than that, he wasn't that hard.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2017
    I liked the kid, though I wish he were more powerful. You know, champion-worthy.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I always did like Wally. Hopefully, by the time he comes back in the remake, he'll be stronger than he was before. Maybe he'll use a Gallade next time around. :)

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    RSE really failed with a decent rival. Its cool that your rival isnt the champion ever game but Wally should of been your Rival and May/Brandon should be a helper like when you battle with Steven against Team Magma. I always change wally and use him as my Bug gym leader in my hacks lol

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I like how wally acts in the webcomic Pokemon X https://pokemonx.comicgenesis.com/
    in the games we didn't get to know him TOO much.
    I was shocked when he challenged me to a battle at victory road- I was 8 though

more about Wally-https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wally

I was just about to link to this, too! What happened to Wally, you may ask? Well, he developed chlorophilia (obsession with the color green), gained an awesome personality, honed his skills, became a bit more psychotic, and went off to traverse Hoenn with Brendan and May.

Whenever I look at Wally's artwork and remember the comment, I LOL. The Wally of Pokemon-X couldn't possibly smile as timidly as Wally does in his RSE artwork. XD

What Happened to Wally?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    gary- cool and calm
    silver- mean aggressive
    wally- shy, quiet
    barry- can never sit still.
    First of all, Gary is an anime-only character. Blue is the name of the rival from RBY. And he's not cool and calm! The only two words you can use to describe Blue is "total" and "prick".

And yes, Wally's condition is probably athsma.

iForever

~ Forver Memory ~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    ~ KEKE!

If they're making a remake of Pokemon R/S/E, Hopefully Wally gets a Gallade & you encounter him more then 3 times.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    First of all, Gary is an anime-only character. Blue is the name of the rival from RBY. And he's not cool and calm! The only two words you can use to describe Blue is "total" and "prick".

And yes, Wally's condition is probably athsma.

It is GARY in all media!
    What Happened to Wally?

LOL at your 2 words to describe Gary, though. :cer_laugh:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    I think Wally could be more strong, i really love my rivals to give me hardcore battles but it's sad to say thah Wally is very weak =S

I think you got it wrong he's not weak at all infact I lost to him my first time through victory road on my first time and had to start over but tby then I had the place charted out better.

The point being hes strong, you just need to fight him a few more times.

seocompany

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    In my opinion it was one of many challenges in the game, and he actually gave the game a bit of a story. I think Pokemon should create more characters like this and actually try to develop a game with a bit more of a story.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think Wally is the perfect friend to your character and should've been the main rival. He just had so much potential. XD;

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I remember playing Pokemon Emerald... So I remember you encounter him:

- At the beginning of the game when you help him catch a Ralts in Petalburg City.
    - At Mauville City when you battle him since he wantes to fight the gym leader.
    - He was mentioned by his relatives in Verdanturf Town.
    - Battled before going inside the Pokemon League Building at Victory Road.
    - Be able to rematch in Emerald after beating game in Victory Road.

He was your rival after your counterpart left to study with their father Prof. Birch... A mysterious person to me.

Geranyl

Resident Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I kinda felt like Wally was an afterthought... Y'know, having two rivals is pretty annoying, and the fact that he appears very rarely doesn't help his case at all.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    That's Waldo...

As for Wally, he was possibly the best Trainer in the game. Better than Maxie, Archie, May/Brendan, and every trainer in-game except for the E4 and Champ. I wish he was around for more of the game though =\

Back