• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happens to normal Pokemon that are transferred into Sun or Moon where they have an Alola form?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Ok something that I wonder about and can't test cause I don't have Sun or Moon is if a Pokemon that is transferred over to SM is changed to its Alola form or does it remain in its original form? I know not all of the previous gen Pokemon have Alola forms but for the ones that do how does the above work?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ok something that I wonder about and can't test cause I don't have Sun or Moon is if a Pokemon that is transferred over to SM is changed to its Alola form or does it remain in its original form? I know not all of the previous gen Pokemon have Alola forms but for the ones that do how does the above work?
    It stays in its original form. The Pokemon has to be born in Alola for it to be in its Alolan form.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The Pokemon retain their original forms, however all Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone evolved in Sun and Moon become the Alolan forms of their evolution. The only way to get their original forms in the games is to transfer them already evolved.

This allows some interesting things, like getting Surf Alolan Raichu(6th gen Event), Wish Alolan Exeggutor(3rd Gen Event), and Submission Rock Head Alolan Marowak(1st Gen TM Move)

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Hm, this should also mean if you breed two normal vulpix in aloha you get the aloha form right.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2017
    makes no sense from an evolutionary perspective. But basically, if you catch a grimer in SM it'll be alolan. If you transfer a normal grimer into SM then it will be normal. If you evolve a normal grimer in SM then it will be alolan.

Years
  • makes no sense from an evolutionary perspective. But basically, if you catch a grimer in SM it'll be alolan. If you transfer a normal grimer into SM then it will be normal. If you evolve a normal grimer in SM then it will be alolan.
    nope. if normal grimer moved to alola the evolution will be normal muk. however if you breed normal grimer without giving it everstone, the offspring will be in alolan form. the only pokemon whom change to their alolan form when they are evolving only Cubone, Pikachu, and Exeggcute.

Back