• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What has your luckiest catch been so far?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What has been your luckiest, most fortunate, or simply the catch you were hoping the most for? Did you struggle for hours until you finally got what you were looking for, or did you stumple upon something you weren't expecting? Share your stories!

For me, I got just went onto route 5 for the first time today, within 6 or 7 battles I happened to find the one and only Abra I have seen on the route at all. It happened to not only be modest but also was holding a twisted spoon! I was pretty excited about that one

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I bought Y after I played through X.

I was sitting in a restaurant with my fiance (James on here) trolling around on route 8 and I ran into a hoarde of Wingull with one shiny. Now, Wingull wouldn't be my first choice, but I was pretty excited since this was my first WILD shiny. I've bred and traded for them before, but never encountered one wild! So that was pretty exciting. I then proceded to celebrate with my chicken fingers and fries.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • After I went and beat the champ in pokemon X, I went and caught Mewtwo. When I threw the Duskball, it shook once and was captured. Was the best thing I had ever experienced.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    What has been your luckiest, most fortunate, or simply the catch you were hoping the most for? Did you struggle for hours until you finally got what you were looking for, or did you stumple upon something you weren't expecting? Share your stories!

For me, I got just went onto route 5 for the first time today, within 6 or 7 battles I happened to find the one and only Abra I have seen on the route at all. It happened to not only be modest but also was holding a twisted spoon! I was pretty excited about that one

Catching an Abra is ALWAYS the luckiest catch.

Recruit173

Kung Fu Random!
    Years
  • I was trying to expand my Pokedex, and so I went to smash for fossils in Glitter Cave. I come back with an old amber, thinking it was nothing, since I had revived a dozen of those already. Turns out to be a shiny Aerodactyl. I named him Spyro.

Right now, he (unless it was a girl) is in the safe hands of my girlfriend's X version. Who knows what she's doing with it now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Three shiny Pokemon in the FC. Krabby, Palitiad and a modest Piloswine. Still need advice on what to do with the Piloswine :(

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Hmmmm, for me it would have to be a toss up between Catching all the legendary's with pokeballs, or catching my very first shiny ever in a fraxure friend safari. Probably lean more towards the Fraxure.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • 4iv female shiny snubbull in friend safari. she looks so badass :3
    too bad:the Timid nature

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I haven't checked the IVs off of any of the Pokémon I caught in the wild and I've had no rare encounters with any wild shinies. I can't say my luckiest catches so far have been anything to write home about. I am, however, particularly proud of the Adamant Honedge I caught during the main playthrough (of which I'll be EV training) and finding a wild Carbink considering its rarity in the games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Forget my Abra, I JUST caught a shiny Furfrou! Today was a great day for catching pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've managed to encounter a shiny Litleo approximately two months ago on Route 22, and managed to catch it instantly with an Ultra Ball. This Pokémon's got Timid nature, which is good—it takes away a bit of its Attack stat to help improve its Speed. I encountered another shiny Litleo in the beginning of the game at the same, exact location, but couldn't catch that one as I accidentally made it faint while trying to weaken it. Anyway, other than this, I don't really have any other lucky catches.

Reactions: Guy
    Years
  • The shiny Swinub I found back in my first playthrough of Crystal! Literally took one step into Ice Path (cave before Blackthorn City) and there she was! :D

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    The luckiest catch i had was my most recent. I haven't play Pokemon Y for some time, so I decided to screw around in a dark Friend Safari. Lo and behold, the first encounter was a shiny Sandile! I caught the little ***** with an ultra ball, and she's a new member on my team. Also, she has a Brave Nature

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    My 1st try on Yveltal with great ball = success.
    Also I accidentally walked into the side of a field and the 2nd grass patch gave me a Shiny Ursaring. Shame it was Timid, so I traded it just for someone with a Ditto safari to add me :)

Back