• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What hasn't been done before in a Pokemon game before?

Years
  • Yeah, I've always wondered about the lack of any Dark-type gym leaders. There also haven't really been any big-time evil women in the Pokemon games, with the exception of Venus in Colosseum.

Anyway, I would also like to see one or two new kinds of HMs, for example a Fire-type version of Surf that allows you to traverse lakes of fire or magma, or a Bug-type move that uses spider webs or something to climb across walls.

I also wish multiplayer functions like battling and trading could be done in a more free-form way. Assuming both players are at Pokemon centers, I wish they could just look into each other's PCs and pick out a few Pokemon they wanted to trade, or select their own Pokemon impromptu from a PC.

Secret Bases could be more customizable. I can understand why this wouldn't be possible on Game Boy Advance or early DS software, but I would like to be able to use my base for, for example, a half-pipe for my bike or a small habitat for wild Pokemon, and be able to choose music out of what's already contained within the game.

Years
  • "Yeah, I've always wondered about the lack of any Dark-type gym leaders. There also haven't really been any big-time evil women in the Pokemon games, with the exception of Venus in Colosseum."

Wait, what?

9222827.jpg

Anyways, your ideas are good. :3 Never really thought of traversing through lava before, or secret bases. After Platinum, they just vanished. Why? None in HGSS, that's why.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • There are some types that I'd love to see, such as Psychic/Dark or Ghost/Steel. I'd also love to see a Dark-type gym. I've been waiting for like 7 years :s

Years
  • "Yeah, I've always wondered about the lack of any Dark-type gym leaders. There also haven't really been any big-time evil women in the Pokemon games, with the exception of Venus in Colosseum."

Wait, what?

9222827.jpg

Anyways, your ideas are good. :3 Never really thought of traversing through lava before, or secret bases. After Platinum, they just vanished. Why? None in HGSS, that's why.

You'll have to forgive me. It's been years since I played through XD. :nervous:

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • Simply put. Playing as someone -other- than a ten year old starting their journey. I know it's key to the whole 'successful game formula' but I think making the hero fifteen in my head would make it unique in itself. Not sure why.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Simply put. Playing as someone -other- than a ten year old starting their journey. I know it's key to the whole 'successful game formula' but I think making the hero fifteen in my head would make it unique in itself. Not sure why.
    Pokemon Colosseum has Wes who's a person regarded to be in the latter end of the teens, although admittedly although that game has the same game mechanics as the main handhelds it's not by Game Freak...

But the age of the Unova trainers in B/W is apparently higher than 10? I don't think we ever got an official age though; just that bit of info. =/ At any rate Wes is more interesting than them anyways. =p

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • Pokemon Colosseum has Wes who's a person regarded to be in the latter end of the teens, although admittedly although that game has the same game mechanics as the main handhelds it's not by Game Freak...

But the age of the Unova trainers in B/W is apparently higher than 10? I don't think we ever got an official age though; just that bit of info. =/ At any rate Wes is more interesting than them anyways. =p

I was only counting handhelds but yes, I believe the BW crew are about 12 which is kinda unique I guess.. I just wish we weren't playing kids. Maybe it's cause i'm not a child anymore. I'm just being grumpy.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I'd kinda like it if you'd make more choices that would affect the game. I mean, I always wondered what would happen if you said yes to that Team Rocket fellow after getting past Nugget Bridge, you know?

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Simply put. Playing as someone -other- than a ten year old starting their journey. I know it's key to the whole 'successful game formula' but I think making the hero fifteen in my head would make it unique in itself. Not sure why.

Ummm....the hero in black and white is 15

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Simply put. Playing as someone -other- than a ten year old starting their journey. I know it's key to the whole 'successful game formula' but I think making the hero fifteen in my head would make it unique in itself. Not sure why.
    None of the pokemon protagonist have their age officially stated. Except for classic Red. They should at least around 12-15 while for Unnova quartet it should at least around 14-16.
    Ten years old is only for the anime, I told ya.
    But, it's not bad thing for having older protagonist in later game.
    Still waiting for a bug/dragon :(
    Seconded. Hope it will not classified as pseudo legendary though.

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • A fourth-stage evolution. I've seen Pokémon like Oddish and Kirlia get a second third-stage evolution (Vileplume/Bellossom and Gardevoir/Gallade), Eevee which now has seven different total second-stage evolutions, and some Pokémon getting a "baby" stage, but not a single Pokémon has a fourth-stage evolution.

Years
  • I'd kinda like it if you'd make more choices that would affect the game. I mean, I always wondered what would happen if you said yes to that Team Rocket fellow after getting past Nugget Bridge, you know?

Come to think of it, are there any Pokemon games where you get to be the bad guys for any length of time at all? Not counting the backstory of Colosseum.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    When I was bored one I taught of a idea that you can sale pokemon for money.
    Like in D/P/Pt that red gyarados that they sad if you have him you gain 10000 pokemoney.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Well I've always wanted eevee to have eeveelutions for every single type of element there is in the game (no duals though) I want steel, ground, ghost (major want), rock, dragon, flying, etc, etc, you know: all of them!

Also I want to ride bikes around inside houses :P

Back