• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What have we learnt from PC?

Years
    What I've mostly learned from PC is the fact that I was able to have friends I could have otherwise not been able to have in real life. Also, having friends here helps me feel happy ever since I started suffering social anxiety as a result of me being autistic.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    time and time again i have learned that i am the funniest and most self-absorbed member of this forum and i hope you have all learned that as well
    Nope, you only get a silver medal here

You are taking me to church right now, Sister Ayselipera!
    TAKE ME TO CHURCH
    I'LL WORSHIP LIKE A DOG AT THE SHRINE OF YOUR LIES
    I'LL TELL YOU MY SINS, AND YOU CAN SHARPEN YOUR KNIFE

That there are no hot boys wtf where u all hiding
    Excuse me! *smirks* D:<

The biggest thing I've learnt from PC is that it's not like All Dogs Go To Heaven, and you can always come back

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    That there are no hot boys wtf where u all hiding

Bobdapeach said:
    i want a piece of u.

This PM you sent me seems to suggest otherwise.

Also, I learned that pokemon forums don't have a male or female demographic, they have demographic of introverts.
    I also learned that it's hard to be funny in a foreign language on the internet.

Years
    Having colored usernames is the end-all-be-all of your online existence and you fail without one.

More people play Pokemon than you might think; a good chunk of them aren't the stereotypical nerds they're portrayed as.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    haha no way, i don't find you cool at all!
    kidding! but on a serious note i haven't seen you post anything distasteful on d&d.

That sure is a relief. Nearly had me worried there. I think. maybe. It's hot in here. Am I the only one who drinks coffee when it's 80 degrees outside?

Reactions: dad

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    • A few members are very predictable and I've been tempted to make drinking games out of your posts. (Don't worry though, the same could be said of me!)
    lool, how about take a shot every time you stare at Sodom's siggy for longer than you should. /alcohol poisoning

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I've learned not to get attached to every person you meet or develop a friendship with. Over my nine years of life on PC, I've seen countless friends disappear and never return. Of course many I have on Facebook now, but there are a dozen I can think of immediately that I miss interacting with and have no way of knowing where or who they are beyond a username.

On the flip, I've learned that true friendship and true love (in multiple ways) can be had thanks to a silly Pokemon forum you joined to post really dumb sprite comics at. I've made the best friends of my life on PC and in my darkest points in life, they were here to keep me happy and hopeful. I even got to meet one, though I plan to meet a few more this year!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Growing up on PC over the last 6+ year, this forum taught me more useful thing than school ever did.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've learned that I actually have some pretty cool talents. That, and I'm much more effective at using written language to express my ideas, which definitely helped me through more than a few essays in college.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    I feel like PC may have been one of the greatest contributors to improving my English. I reckon this is something a lot of people pick up when they frequent forum, whether English is their first language or not. But since PC is the only forum that I've ever really gone to, I feel like it's had such a bigger impact than anything else. A lot of the English I'm taught in school is already something I've learned simply through reading posts on here and picking up on certain patterns and such. In general my time on the internet has been a great contribution to my English, but it's not everywhere on the internet where you see a consistent use of correct English, so yeah haha.

I also feel like PC has been a great way to reflect on myself as a person, and change into someone, that I myself would like better. I'm not certain how many people do this, but sometimes I like to go back and read some of my older posts, usually recent enough so that some elements to my way of communicating and acting will still apply to me now, but still old enough so that it doesn't portray me exactly the way I am now. And I just look for patterns that I dislike and actively seek to avoid doing that in the future. I can't tell how many times I've stumbled upon an old post of mine and hated the way it's been structured. Like, feeling that my posts lack emotion, that I might have typically worded stuff in a way to which it would come off as rude, etc. And while it mainly applies to the way I communicate online, some of it is also applicable to real life.

From lurking in the D&D forum, I also learn a lot about issues that I may not have heard of otherwise. And in general I find it interesting to see the reactions of familiar faces to certain issues, so it often makes it more entertaining than simply reading an article about it.

I also learned that Lugia, despite being the guardian of the sea, is not a Water type. Long live logic!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I learned that after about seven years, you get kind of tired of talking about the game you came here to talk about in the first place... :P

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    This place is isolated from what's going on in the internet community in terms of entertainment media.
    just because not all of us are totally in touch with 4chan and reddit or whatever some internet critic's opinions are does not mean that we are out of touch with entertainment media, my friend. (;

Back