• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What have you contributed to PokéCommunity?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Well on the more official side of things, I've donated a few monies, I hosted an event and co-hosted another in the GT8, I 'co-own' a club in Other Clubs and I signed up to be a mentor (which I'm not even sure is still happening but still).

On the more day-to-day side of things, I've made a blog which I put a lot of work into in the hopes that people will enjoy what I have to say, and I like to think that I've made some good quality arguments in Other Chat. Outside of that, there's my occasional random posting sprees in NU/W and OVP, which is what I'm doing now :)

Years
    I've been on staff for two separate runs. In OVP I've run PotW for awhile (although that was around before I was modded back in 2005) and I've made two rules threads.

I was s-mod/AA for awhile, although tbh even though I was on h-staff I didn't really do much. Suggested some mods, changed some names when that was still around, sometimes got to do a few things in the ACP. I feel a lot more h-staffers have done more than I ever did, even though I actively voted. :/ Aaaand that's why I'm just a mod now haha. The h-staff now is just so awesome and I'm nowhere near their level!

I also pioneered the DLoA. At least, I took one before it was even named that and when the h-staff were fixing some rules, they were like "yeah we can have mods do that thing Sam's doing now." Had nothing to do with the name though because... I was on DLoA!

...I'm serious ;____; no one's gonna believe me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    See the challenge forum? You're looking at its daddy...with help from Went and Erica, of course (the mom and midwife?). Maybe a few emblem names/descriptions as well, but other than that, the most I've contributed is the Challenge forum.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The first contribution I've made in my 14 months here at PC is donating for the community. I'm still doing so nowadays. I also hosted one of my first events at the PC Get-Together, which was really fun. Last but not least, my biggest contribution here at PC is welcoming as much new members as I can at NU/W, because that feeling when someone says "thanks!" is the best feeling evar. :3

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    See the challenge forum? You're looking at its daddy...with help from Went and Erica, of course (the mom and midwife?). Maybe a few emblem names/descriptions as well, but other than that, the most I've contributed is the Challenge forum.

As stupid as it might sound, when I saw this thread, my frist thougfht was "Hey, I helped start the Challenges forum!" XD I'm also really proud of the time I spent keeping the Older Gen Games forum clean, even if it was really short.

(I know I should mention all the regular crap I have done every day as a Smod moderating posts and discussing stuff for the last three years but it has never struck me as anything special)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Stepping away from my quite shaky start, I think I've done a lot;
    I've sucessfully hosted the AMV contest, and Anime Snapshots Event during two different get togethers, the AMV contest was done during last years get together I think, the Anime Snapshots being this year. I've managed to host the Shipping Debates Valentine's Banner contest. I'm very active in the Pokémon Anime section if I must say, I've contributed many thought out posts into discussions, without going to far to offend people, but still making my points and other points clear. I seem to be the only one to bother posting review threads for the dub of best wishes these days, and I'm always first when posting Japanese titles, just take a look at episode discussions, I've posted most of the threads in there. I've even gone through with most moderators that have come and gone a lot about how to make the section a lot more active including suggesting events and the weekly polls.

So yeah, I'd like to think I've done a lot, without ever being a member of staff.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Apart from donating $20 supportershipness. I've hosted tons of events at the PC Get-Togethers since 2009 as well as other big PC events like the Halloween and New Years Events.

The I'll have to say my biggest contribution would be in the Pokemon Groups forum. It's been like my home at PC since early 2009 and I pretty much love posting there. I think more than half of my posts come from there xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Main thing I can think of is moderating Black and White for the last year, aka helping it go from place of spam to lesser place of spam (also getting to make the rules for it). Along with that also hosting weekly polls in the section and two mini-GT's there (one event allowing people to get blogs).

On a non-B/W note, the most contributory thing I've been involved in was the easter 2011 egg hunt, which allowed 20 or so people to get supportership (some of which couldn't get it normally) and was apparently lots of fun. Considering most of the planning was done by myself it turned out pretty good imo. I've also done other things like host get together events and stuff in the past but they don't really matter. I guess other than that there's helping out in sig rules thread, giving out emblems (lool a lot apparently) and helping out with MOTY. God I sound so boring, lol :( I've probably somehow contributed to other stuff but I really can't remember.

OH OH. Contributing 2 PC styles too, except one of the two really really sucks and the other one I worked with someone else on, but still!

Ayselipera

I was on staff for a short time, but I don't feel like I made much of a contribution. Unless you want to count locking and moving threads! I did make the daily Pokemon chit-chat thread in Pokemon General, (which to be honest I don't even know if it's still around) but yeah that had its run and it was fun while I was apart of it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    In terms of donating, being a Mod or designing the Forum styles and or emblems, I did absolutely nothing other than write over 11,000 post in this forum so that is what I have done during my time on this forum

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Mainly posts, some ideas here and there, contributed quite a bit in the J-E section and OC (Not that it made much of a difference there).

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I feel like in my time here as a regular member I feel like I've contributed a lot. Not counting the money I've donated which is close to $100 I've helped in running a couple of events, more notably the graphics event in the last couple of Get Togethers. I've made quite a few guides to Pokemon, including RNG Abuse for D/P/Pt, HG/SS, a general Egg Move guide for the fourth generation games and an EV Training guide for the fifth generation. I've helped out in the trade corner back in my day when I would love to trade, which is where most of those guides come from. I've made a few clubs, which some I can't even remember, and because of that I'm now the moderator of that section. ^_^

As a moderator though, I can't say I've done much. I reported something which was happening a while ago, around the time I've modded and I'm hoping to improve the Other Clubs and the Pokemon Groups section even further. :)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ditto!

Although I think I helped to ban reputation the first time. That's something to be proud of.

That's more than I can remember. S-Mods aren't exactly responsible for much decision-making, so I just................banned lots of people and locked lots of threads?

I guess I was PC's greatest unsolved mystery for five years. Idunno.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I welcome people sometimes in NU/W and make some posts in various difference places :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I consistently make awesome posts, harass people by VMs, and remind people of my music nerd levels.

Back