• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What helps you get to sleep?

Lizzie

{Tre' pwns j00} XD
    Years
    darkness, and dead silence, it usually get's my imagenation going, i start to daydream without any interuptions and then the daydreams slowly drift in dreams and before i know it i'm asleep XD

ShadowPikachu

Hylian Wanderer
    Years
    I have problems sleeping at the moment. No matter how hard i try i can't sleep at night properly. And then it gets to morning and i finally get to sleep. Of course thats when i get dragged out of bed. -_-;;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I normally fall asleep very quickly, but on rare occasions I just can't seem to feel tired. When that happens I usually dim the lights and find something low-key to do, such as drawing, reading my Nancy Drew books, (They work better than sleeping darts!) listening to soft music, petting my kitty, etc. If I still can't sleep after doing those things, I'll usually go online for a little while or watch parts from different movies. After that I'll usually conk out after a while, and once I'm asleep it's pretty hard to wake me up, lol.

Kelsey said:
    But, have you ever had a night when something horrible happened earlier that day? Where you wanted to cry but didn't until nightfall when you were alone with your thoughts? Then balled your eyes out? I did...just last night. My beloved pet lizard, Zeus, died last night. I had him for an entire year. The saddest thing is...he never got to spend one Christmas with me... I am histerical with sadness...
    Ah, I'm very sorry to hear that. I've had several pets that were very dear to me die before, so I understand how you feel. My favorite cat ever, that I had had for over 6 years died in a house fire a couple of years ago, and just recently my betta fish died. I felt so bad about both deaths because I just adored those animals like nothing else; I still miss them a lot, but I have some new pets that have made me feel better. Even though they can't replace the old ones, they can still help you start over again. Anyway, I just know what you're going through and I'm sorry about it, and I hope you begin to cheer up soon!

Knuckles

5th Place In Graphix
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Dim lights. I need something to stare and bore at...and then I fall into deep sleep. I never know when I'm sleeping. :s I'm never thinking....

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    I don't really like going to zleep unlezz I"m having a really bad day actually =P Zo I uzually lizten to muzic for az long az I can, then lay and think about ztuff for a while, and I uzually juzt drift off while thinking. Zometimez I fall azleep with my headphonez on and wake up with sore earz though ><

Aww, I'm zorry Kelsey! ;-; I love animalz zo much, but a few of my petz have died too, zo I know how you feel. Try not to think about Zuez'z death too much though, that juzt makez you more upzet. Zpending time with friendz may help you cheer up =3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Well, I don't like falling asleep with lights, or music, or sound. I just sleep in darkness. And what puts me to sleep the most is either thinking about my day, about the mysteries of the world, or things I enjoy thinking about. XD It also helps if I am really tired too. XD

Ciera

This is a tragedy.
    Years
    I like to fall asleep listening to heavy rock music... Sometimes the Beatles or Led Zepplin, but I prefer Linkin Park, Crossfade, stuff like that... I usually put on a CD. That (the music) and my closet door closed, I can't get to sleep if it's even open a smidgen, the bathroom door closed (same deal as the closet), and with my glasses on the desk next to my bed. If they are not there, I fear I have lost them, so they must go there. Heh, a tad OCD, huh? I feel retarded now ^^

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Can't seem to fall asleep?
    Are you waking up all the time?
    Is sleeping a difficult task for you?​

Dr. Toon has got the remedy! And its...

Dirty thoughts!

Yes, my friends. I, Toon, used to have trouble sleeping ALL the time! I never seemed to get around on it. But, I have found the remedy. Dirty thoughts!

Pervert #1 said:
    "I used to be awake all night. But since I've began thinking of dirty thoughts, sleep is no task for me!

And there's more!

Pervert #2 said:
    "...Very effective! The results are unbelievable!..

Pervert #3 said:
    "... Yes! It works wonderful!..

Dirty thinking is no difficult task! Just follow these easy steps!

1. Think of a person you're attracted to.

2. Think of an R-rated movie.

3. And let your imagination run!

Easy! And fast!

**Dirty thoughts ONLY works when you have insomia for no reason at all. It does not work when you cannot sleep due to overly worrying, or drug problems.**

Yes, I'm a perv, get used to it. --;

*dies*

Suz

Ta-daaa~!
    Years
    -yawn- reading long internet comics.
    which is what I've been doing

mvtm

Years
    I just close my eyes and start dreaming what i would like too , eventually i feel tire and sleep. I cant sleep with music i feel unconfortable and with some kind of stress laltely o.O.

Back