• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What?Hey look!Its ads!

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    I was browsing the net,and suddenly i see a pop-up saying that im infected with spyware,and gives a list to useless spyware removers(they are probably the spyware themselves,so dont download Raze Spyware,and some other thing).Now it randomly gives me pop-ups saying that i have spyware installed,and im sick of them.Any good spyware removers,aside from SpyBot S&D?Im using a Windows XP by the way.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    McAfee has an awesome spyware removal tool, It fixed my computer totally after having 50+ instances of spyware.

But the downsite is that it costs $30..but it is WORTH IT!

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Thomas-san said:
    McAfee has an awesome spyware removal tool, It fixed my computer totally after having 50+ instances of spyware.

But the downsite is that it costs $30..but it is WORTH IT!
    No it isn't. You can download it for free. Or if you prefer a legal approach, there's many other spyware scanners, like AdAware, Spybot [Search & Destroy], and soforth. You shouldn't just rush out and buy the first spyware killer you see when you get spyware, that's a waste of money.

What?Hey look!Its ads!

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    From i see its adware.I also made my computer reboot when i connect to the internet,but after a quick scan with Ad-Aware SE(i had it installed,but then uninstalled and installed it again),it seems to be okay.Thanks for the suggestions!I appreaceate it!^^

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    What I use when I clean college computers at work is:
    Spybot S&D: Good for getting the real deep stuff.
    Ad-aware SE: GAIN killer and gets some interesting stuff.
    A newer one I use is Spyware Doctor: Got a few things the others didn't.
    Finally, I've never used it but Webroot Spysweeper is supposed to be quite good.

Makoto

Years
    um... my computer just has ZoneAlarm and AntiVir Guard and it works fine. Never had a single popup that I didn't allow.

.::Tsunami::.

.::Not What It Seems::.
    Years
    EVERYONE STOP!!!!! ok i have those lots of times it's just pop-ups advertising and usally there is nothing wrong with your computer don't worry bout it just download a virus program or what ever and it will usally tell you when you have one or you just reguraly scan everytime you get of the internet ok im glad i got that of my chest

Years
    Popups like that are spam. <_<
    I say get Microsoft AntiSpyware if yar runnin' Win 2000/XP, tch, it really does tha job... tch, an' use Opera or FireFox for less ads and risk of spyware infections. <_<

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Spyware Blaster is another good one for spyware prevention. It doesn't remove it, but it keeps it from ever being installed.

Back