• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • I hated fighting Clair, since my team wasn't very balanced (Feraligatr, Alakazam and Crobat) so her Gyarados and Kingdra were kind of annoying. For her Dragonairs I just used Ice Punch.

Whitney? I think she is too easy in HG/SS, she was much harder in G/S/C, in HG I have never seen her Miltank using Milk Drink, in Gold she used that every time she had low energy and I had to try again to kill it.

That's the complete opposite for me, I didn't even know her Miltank could use Milk Drink until I played Soul Silver, she was too easy in Silver since Machop would totally own her up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Whitney.

The battle was annoying, her Milktank is annoying, she i annoying overall and she's a crybaby. I think i justified it.

Years
  • I hated Janine, her magnemite killed most of my pokemon right away then she had an unfair advantage with her steelix, that was until Togepi evolved and i got lucky on metronome (or whatever the random attack is called).

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I used rock-smash but I still failed, Then my awesome Zeus (Ampharos) Used discharge (I think!)
    AAAA!!
    Don't you have get it to level 30 to make it evolve to Ampharos? You must have done some serious Exp. Grinding.

Really though, I don't get how people have so much trouble with Whitney. Is it because everybody keeps trying to use Quilava on it or something? Sandslash can be recieved at Goldenrod, resists rollout, can learn Crush Claw to make milk-drinking futile after a while, and has some pretty good defense.

I can't say there were any Gym Leaders I had trouble with, but Pyrce was the hardest.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Clair was the hardest for me, not that that's saying a whole lot. I didn't struggle too hard with any of the gym leaders, probably due to aggressive and excessive level grinding :P

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • I hate Whitney. She took me literally a few days to beat. She overused Attract and Rollout. The only way to beat her is to overtrain your Pokemon so that they are overleveled or to paralyze her Miltank.

ScentedLove

Hopeless Romantic
    Years
  • I really hated Whitney as well because she was such a drag and it took forever to kill her pokemon because of the overuse moves she used.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • Had quite a hard time with Clair. Had to grind for a few levels to beat her.

Funny, Whitney was super easy for me. xD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The Fighting type gym in Johto was the most annoying battle I ever had(I forgot his name). Dramatic punch kept on killing me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    CHUCK CHUCK CUCKIDY CHUCK CHUCK!~
    You finally beat his Primeape and he sends out a MotherF****** poliwrath!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    they all annoy me in their own ways. :) i especially do not like morty ghosts are so hard to beat! also blue gave me a beating the first battle..

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Whitney's design and character irritate me....

Clair's even worse....Whitney's too babyish to be a gym leader, Clair's too weird to be allowed out.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • What gym leader do you hate the most?

I HATE Whitney!

Yeah, I'm right there with you. Whitney is weak, whiny, and I hate her extremeeeely annoying personality. She is pretty strong. Too bad her personality doesn't match...

Bugsy was a pain to beat (starter was Chikorita, probably explains a bit why that was).

Clair... She wouldn't give you a badge even though you proved your strength in battle. She is a stubborn cocky woman. She has nothing to be cocky about however. My red Gyarados creamed her with Ice Fang.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I would really have to say Bugsy, especially after Metapod and Kakuna get taken out. Then U-Turn keeps it in, which can be a real pain.

Falkner also annoyed me, even though it never used Roost against me.

Back