• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
  • poor whitney....so much hate XD

anyway the only one i dont like is clair and thats because of the stupid gym challange to get to her.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Clair and Whitney are brats. I really dislike them.

Oddly enough, the one that I had the most trouble with battle-wise is my second favorite. Morty~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Clair is a pain in the ass. Even when I had six Pokemon overleveled for her gym, I still left with only two of them still up and running, one of which was down to the red in HP and the other was Mew, so...yeah. She's always been the hardest for me in HGSS.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Whitney was the only leader that gave me trouble. That bloody Miltank.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • probley the dragon one saying that she dosen't exsept me when i won then sending me to her bloody grandfather, then he isn't going to battle me he just sends me back to the gym leader... bloody hell...

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • i wouldn't say that i hated the gym leaders, but (first time) whitney and morty was annoying, really annoying. stupid miltank and hypnosis...

claire, i didn't have too much trouble because i left a mareep in the daycare and frogot about it. by the time i got to claire, i remembered i had it and took it out. it was like lvl 45 by that time. pwned all of her pokemon ^^

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • When i was younger, and had G/S, i had problems with Mainly Whitney, Chuck and Pryce, but now, its more a problem with Morty, Jasmine and Pryce. on my last playthrough, with the Cyndareep formula, i still had trouble with Jasmine. Morty is so hard that i train a raticate with bite just to beat him. Ice is my real life enemy. i was slipping and sliding during the ice storm. Pryce's puzzle gets easier, but i have problems with the Seel almost all the time. surprisingly, i beat Whitney and Chuck faster than i did in the past.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I didn't really have that much trouble with any of them, but Clair was still rather irritating. She was the only one that I had to retry.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
  • I restarted and I just had my Pidgeotto last night [i'm challenging myself to not use a starter and make Pidgey my starter]

I got to Whitney, took out her Clefairy with 2 quick attacks. She sent out Miltank. I used Feather Dance and she did barely any damage. Yay. But then she used attract. Damn.

The battle lasted a good 15 mins. And she finally took my Pidgeotto, Finn, down.

I had saved before I battled her so I just turned off the game and tried again. She used attract, constantly used Milk Drink and Super potions [I really thought Gym Leader only used 1 potion typically.]

Lasted about 25 minutes and I finally got her Miltank down with a crit hit Quick Attack, longest battle of my life...

Miltank really sucks without a starter.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I didn't like battling Falkner, but I think I had an underleveled Chinchou and a Chikorita. Thank my lucky stars he didn't use Roost. :) But my all time least favourite is Bugsy. That Scyther is soo damn annoying with it spamming either Quick Attack or U-Turn, especially when his other two Pokemon are out.

Also the fact that I can't figure out whether Bugsy is a man or woman still baffles me today.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    Jasmine, that self righteous little ***** :/ HG saw my pokemon quite under levelled, and her Magnemites were suprisingly fast.

Cascade.

Prepare for trouble...
    Years
  • I hated having to do Falkner, mainly because I levelled my Cyndaquil up on my Pokewalker and he never learned ember D:

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • My least favorites to battle in the original games were definitely Whitney and Clair, but in HGSS, I realized that having a Nidoran/rina/etc with Double Kick can quickly take out Whitney's Miltank without fear of being infatuated, and my Feraligatr with Ice Fang took out most of Clair's Pokemon. Her Kingdra was still annoying, but many Hyper Potions helped me through the battle.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • I wouldn't say I hate any gym leaders but the one that gave me the most trouble both playthroughs I've done was Chuck (Whitney never gave me too much trouble, I've always levelled my Pokémon up enough to take her). In my last playthrough when I face chuck he just kept using double-team and I couldn't touch him, he knocked out all but one of my Pokémon without them touching him. I got left with a Horsea that I'd only managed to get levelled up to about mid 20's. Horsea earned a permanent place in my team after Chuck missed every attack against Horsea and Horsea tough him the meaning of pain with Surf.

Moral of the story is never underestimate Horsea, it's tough as nails :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My first reaction to this thread title was "...Whitneeeey. D<"

I can take down Mortey's team with a Togepi, but yet Whitney's Miltank just.. ugh.

I've hated her since she beat me down so many times in Crystal in 2001.

Going into Heart Gold, I was hoping I wouldn't hate her as much this time, but I was wrong. D<

n____n;

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • It would have to be Clair and Blue.
    Clair is such a sore loser that she doesn't even give you the badge just because she lost. Seriously if i've beaten you to get the badge, you better hand over that badge instead of being a whiny prick about losing.

Blue is... well.. its that jerk who was always one step ahead of you in R/B/Y/FR/LG. Not to mention his machamp is a nightmare when you have a rematch. How the heck can dynamic punch score 100% of the time!?!? and to make things worse is he teaches it attract so your female pokemon were screwed unless they had the oblivious ability. By the time i finished battling him, only my feraligatr and ampharos was up.

On a different note, i would say Whitney too, but i've gotten over that after learning to take that machop in the department store and crushing her team with it. And once again, i think i'm the only one who bothers getting it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Whitney was really easy for me. O.O My Ampharos PWN'd her entire team.

Actually, nearly all the Gym Leaders were ridiculously weak, especially considering how underleveled my Pokemon are. I think the only exception is Claire. She took a bit of an effort to beat. Oh, and Morty's Gengar was annoying too.

Back