• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Hoenn and Kanto starters did you receive?

Years
  • For those that didn't know, you can receive a starter from Kanto and a starter from Hoenn, after you defeat Red, the former being given to you by Oak and the latter being a gift from Steven.

So, which Kanto and Hoenn starters did you choose?

Any specific reasons why you chose those starters?

Do you wish you could get a free Sinnoh starter in HG/SS, as well?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Got a Bulbasaur and Treecko, because they are the starters that I don't have.

It would have been neat to get a Sinnoh starter as well, but it was in the same generation, so they don't do that. D:

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I chose Charmander and Mudkip. I already have them in my main Diamond game so I just chose randomly.

Years
  • When I finally beat the Elite 4 and and Red later on in the game I'm going to choose Charmander as Charizard is one hard dude, Then i'm going tochoose Treeko as I've already got a Ferigatr

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I Get Squirtle and Swampert Because I Always Pick The Water Starter From Each Region

But If I Got To Choose A Sinnoh Starter I'd Pick Turtwig Because I Freaking Love Torterra

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Kanto - Charmander FEMALE
    Hoenn - Torchic MALE

On my current playthrough, I plan on chosing:

Kanto - Charmander FEMALE
    Hoenn - Mudkip (That thing is sooo damn cute ^^) FEMALE Blue Stone :D

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
  • I chose Bulbasaur from Oak because I havent raised a Bulbasaur in a loooong time. From Steve, I picked Mudkip because, well... it's Mudkip! XD

All joking aside, I picked those because I was planning on basing my new team around them. I picked other Pokemon from my boxes that I had always wanted to raise after I picked Bulbasaur and Mudkip.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I chose Meganium from Elm, because I wanted a pure grass-type. I feel that having a secondary poison-type is a disadvantage to grass pokemon, making them weak against Psychic and neutral to Ground.

I haven't chosen my Kanto starter yet, but I'll definitely go with Charizard to replace Magmortar I got from the pokewalker.

I didn't even know you could get a Hoenn starter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    In my HG file I picked Mudkip and I SR'd for a Shiny Charmander because Charizard has the most awesome shiny ever.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Squirtle from Oak and Torchic from Steven, because those were the starters I chose for those respective games. Sorry I don't have a deeper, more complex reasoning behind my choices besides "choose what's familiar to me."

I haven't gotten around to raising either of them yet.

Years
  • I chose Squirtile from Oak and Treecko from Steven.

Squrtile because he's adorable, and I love Blastoise, and I chose Treecko because I don't like Torchic or Mudkip.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Well, I beat SS twice, and HG three times, and each time choosing a different combination... So all OF DEM~! Though when I first beat my SS, I picked.. Bulbasaur and Mudkip (Was going to choose Treecko and Charmander.. But I Lyke Teh Mudkipz) and plus I chose Cyndaquil as my starter. Though I eventually traded to get all of the Kanto, Hoenn, and Johto starters from the GTS (Gibles, I lurves you.)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've only gotten to this point in HeartGold.

I got Torchic as my Hoenn starter. I had already migrated a Treecko and Mudkip over to my HeartGold.

And I got Bulbasaur as my Kanto starter. I migrated a Squirtle, and hatched a Charmander from an egg.

Back