• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, and Champion do you find annoying?

Which Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion is annoying?

• Roxanne

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Brawly

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Wattson

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Flannery

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Norman

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • Winona

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Tate and Liza

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Juan

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Sidney

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Phoebe

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Glacia

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Drake

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Wallace

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Steven

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Obviously Tate and Liza, they annoyed me to no end in RSE. I usually find Norman to be a bit of an annoyance if his Pokemon get that slight upper hand. Especially Spinda, hated that thing. Wallace's entire team is always annoying, mainly Ludicolo and Milotic.

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
    Years
  • Norman:That annoying Slaking

Phoebe:Curse Curse Curse Curse Curse Curse Curse Curse

Wallace:Revive/Max Potion Killer

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Tate and Liza:

I don't know about you, but for me, EVERYONE else was a wimp compared to them... cruddy double types...

Years
  • Tate and Liza:

I don't know about you, but for me, EVERYONE else was a wimp compared to them... cruddy double types...

Omg yes, hatehatehate Tate and Liz, always took me forever to defeat them.

None of the Elite 4 were that difficult to me though.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • Tate and Liza

Strangely, my solution to beat them is to be sick when battling them. Works a treat and I have a hundred percent success rate using it.

Years
  • For me, Flannery and Norman are the most annoying. I always start with Treecko, so I never have a good water type to take down that stupid Torkoal. And Norman's Slakings are the most obnoxious things in the world.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Brawly: His Makuhita was too much to handle at the 2nd gym
    Phoebe: Dusclops and Banettes were annoying to take out
    Steven: When I was playing Sapphire when I was like 8 my team was always so underleveled for the E4 but I battled them and once I got to Steven, It was over for me.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Wionna and her D-Dancing Altaria is so annoying

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • For some reason I hate the Psychic twins. The first time I played Emerald, they were really hard, and I had to try time and again to beat them. Every time after that, when I played Sapphire or restarted Emerald, they were super easy.
    I also don't like Wallace. He's snobby, and (in Sapphire) doesn't even thank you for saving the world, and he replaced Steven. Steven, who is way awesomer than him.

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    I never had any trouble with Tate & Liza. Flannery's Pokemon took a while to defeat, but it wasn't hard.

The most annoying Pokemon I faced in Emerald was the Double Team-ing Ludicolo Wallace had.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Roxanne, even though she was the first gym leader. Probably since I had Torchic for me, and I didn't bother to catch any other Pokemon at the time. But after that the leaders were a blur.

The hardest Elite Four member was Phoebe, because her Dusclops kept using Protect. And Wallace was pretty challenging, but I forgot why though.

Years
  • Voted "Tate and Liza" through "Phoebe." I'll just go through why I find each one annoying:
    • Tate and Liza: Do we have two U.S. presidents?
    • Juan: Replaced Wallace. Cliche flamboyant, egocentric French guy.
    • Sidney: Little personality; doesn't seem to have much appreciation for the Dark type.
    • Phoebe: Constantly using Curse and Protect. Whenever I bring out my Rayquaza, Salamence, or Flygon to finish her off in one hit before she can heal her Duskull, it somehow goes first and uses Ice Beam, and there I go.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Norman; dat Slaking. He was harder in Ruby and Sapphire than in Emerald. Brawly was just amazingly hard. >: and so was Liza and Tate, in Emerald.

For the champion it was Wallace. Steven was so easy to defeat, Blaziken could handle it on it's own; but then Emerald came around and made Wallace champion. Milotic and Wailord. FUUUUU.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
  • I'm guessing anybody who dislikes Wallace used Thunder on his Whiscash...
    I dislike Tate and Liza, but only because my Pokemon were underleveled. In my most current Emerald Playthrough I used Rayquaza for the Elite Four.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    For me it was definitely Norman. I played the game together with a friend some months ago, and since I had a fighting move it wasn't as hard for me as usually, but my friend was struggling so bad! I also think Wattson is annoying, not because of the battle, but because I associate him with that mission you had to do against team Aqua/Magma, because he gave it to you.

Back