• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, and Champion do you find annoying?

Which Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion is annoying?

• Roxanne

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Brawly

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Wattson

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Flannery

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Norman

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • Winona

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Tate and Liza

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Juan

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Sidney

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Phoebe

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Glacia

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Drake

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Wallace

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Steven

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
  • Wallace, I never lost to him BUT he leaves me the most beat up due to the fact that I almost always pick Swampert and he's not bad or great against Wallace and the fact that I beat pokemon games only by over training my starter, not by trying either I'm just lazy to balance out my team and I just battle solely with my starter o.o.

Steven was about the same as you can imagine Swampert+Cradily+Giga Drain=Pain and the only other tough pokemon I had was Kyogre back then e-o so yeah left with a sliver of hp and no revives lol. Thank god Metagross is half steel or things would have been much much worse.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The twins :3 They were difficult to beat, specially since my powerhouse was Blaziken :P

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
    Years
  • For gym leaders, I hated Flanery (attract sucks, especially when your starter is treco, so you are already down on your luck), and despised Winona (flying powns grass, bug, and ground, which were my starter, my amazing dustox, my tropius, and my sandslash, don't worry, it was my noob playthru), but in more recent years, only Steven annoys me. So. Tough. I'm scared to face him in my Flying UMC, so i'm doing emerald. I'm a coward.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    So far, Norman's Torkoal. Mightyena was also a biatch to kill (Team Aqua).

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Just recently, yesterday in fact, I was playing Sapphire and got to Tate and Liza.
    I hadn't had ANY trouble with previous gyms. I had all Level 44-46 Pokemon (Cacturne, Pelipper, Vibrava, Blaziken and Girafarig). I sent out Cacturne and Pelipper first - I assumed Cacturne could just sandstorm, leech seed, needle arm/faint attack them to death while Pelipper slowly Surfed them. But was I wrong.
    Totally disregarded Hypnosis.
    Cacturne and Pelipper soon were knocked out (BOTH BY CRITICAL HITS) and out came Vibrava and Girafarig. Vibrava managed one Dragonbreath before fainting. I agilitied/baton passed to Blaziken. And then it was just Blaziken and Zigzagoon (HM Slave).

I was terrified. But Blaziken managed to double kick both Lunatone and Solrock to death.

:D

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've gone for Norman on the Gym leaders since I can't get past him D:

I have watched my friend go through Emerald and Ruby though, and I'd say Sidney's the most annoying Elite Four member (hate battling Dark-types) and Steven is the annoying Champion.

User19sq

Elite Four Member: Drake

Champion: Steven

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    [§] Gym Leader -- Norman

Although he wasn't that difficult, the battle seemed to last a lot longer than the other gym leaders. Both of his slaking stalled time, while Vigoroth managed to kill about 2-3 of my Pokémon. The others were pretty simple to beat and not as challenging.

[§] Elite Four Member & Champion

I don't believe any of the Elite Four members gave me trouble at all. I always got through the E4 very quickly, and it was enjoyable to sweep through their team, not really annoying. As for the champion, both were not really that difficult to defeat as well. Though between the two, Steven was a whole lot better as a challenge than Wallace for me.

Years
  • I had a lot of difficulty beating Tate & Liza the first few times, plus the Gym was annoying to go through.

There wasn't really any member of the Elite Four that gave me trouble, so I didn't choose one. I also didn't have much of a problem with the Champions, but it was more difficult to beat Steven than Wallace.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
  • I've always had the most trouble with Watson, for some strange reason.. most likely because my pokemon have a disadvantage against him :/

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • Brawly. I always have to sort of grind train before him. That Machop kills.

Norman could be annoying as well, depending on my party. If I didn't have a Fighting type, he gave me heck.

Juan's Kingdra. 'Nuff said.

As for the E4/Champions, the only one that gave me a bit of trouble was Steven with his Cradily. The only thing I had to type trump it with was Swampert with Ice Beam, but Giga Drain did terrible things~

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Winona and Tate&Liza gave me unmitigating hell whenever I faced them, especially in Emerald. Drake made me cry a few times and Wallace gave me a bigger challenge than Steven despite Steven's Cradily due to Wallace's Milotic and Ludicolo.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Winona because my ground/water starter was no match for her and the puzzle was annoying.

Back