• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, and Champion do you find annoying?

Which Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion is annoying?

• Roxanne

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Brawly

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Wattson

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Flannery

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Norman

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • Winona

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Tate and Liza

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Juan

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Sidney

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Phoebe

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Glacia

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Drake

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Wallace

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Steven

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Tate and Liza. Especially in Emerald,. i8 don't know why I find them annoying. Maybe it's because of their double batle.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I would go with Norman, its always normal type gyms that crush me :x

Also, the Dark and Ghost E4 on the mono run of Emerald, that was annoying to go through..

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • ARGH SHOULDA CHOSEN TATE AND LIZA!!!

Just remembered how freaking annoying they were... they just murdered everyone on my team with Lunatone and Solrock and I don't think I could've won without items such as Revive, etc... I never was good with double battles... also, her gym design confused me, pretty much like Sabrina's gym (although Sabrina's teleports were a bit harder to figure out than Tate and Liza's).

ALSO SHOULDA CHOSEN PHEOBE!!! ARRGHHH!!!!

Yep, so Pheobe also happens to be, in my opinion, the most annoying E4 member because of her freaking annoying Ghost types XD

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    I had a lot of trouble with Wattson a long time ago in Emerald. But that was probably because I had Combusken, Swellow and Azumarill. xD

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Winona and Norman were always kind of annoying. Winona's Pokémon had good attacks that usually left my Pokémon near K.O or K.Od. Norman, on the other hand, just lasted a long time and his Pokémon were, for the most part, tanks. Since they were hard to take down, he got a lot of chances to use Full Restores and what not. Annoying.

Phoebe was annoying as--
    Her Dusklops: No thanks.

Years
  • I don't know, each trainer was tough in their own way at the time.. I'd say Brawly was the worst because I'd always end up finding Steven first (I had the cave memorized without needing Flash) and going to Slateport City to train there before beating Brawly.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • It depends on the starter I choose to use:

Sceptile: Flannery (Even with Sceptile at level 40+ it defeated me with an Attract/Overheat combo)

Blaziken: Tate and Liza (Can't remember what defeated me) and Wallace (can't remember but I think it was Milotic)

Swampert: Winona (For some reason, even with Swampert at 50+ Skarmory managed to defeat me)

Any Starter: Brawly (I need a lot of potions just to defeat him).

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2016
    I must agree with most of you tate and lize where a real pain in the ass! for the rest of the gymleaders I didn't find to hard.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Juan's Kingdra was annoying, despite being my favourite Pokemon. xD It was good at Double Teaming and using Rest along with a Chesto Berry, because at the time I didn't have a Dragon type Pokemon on my team. Not to mention Surf and Ice Beam had good coverage on my team.

I ended up using my Absol and Swords Dancing a few times, than striking hard with Aerial Ace. :P

Other than that, I didn't find them too difficult. Just need to KO them Double Teamers, since they can seriously be annoying. XD

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Norman, it was really tough and I hadn't any Fighting types ><
    But... Worse than him ! I mean obviously Phoebe ! You can't imagine how I sweated blood with her, my Pokémons still remember :pink_no: Since my battle against her I just HATE, and the word is weak, the move "Curse". It's not like with Norman, where you can turn around and go leveling-up your Pokémon again ! No ! You even saved after having hardly beaten Sidney, and haven't the courage to "commit suicide" ( I mean letting Phoebe defeating you) and have to beat him all over again after... Horrible. So, you hope you'll be lucky and that she won't use this fu... This damn move :pink_pissed:

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I say Tate and Liza. They were so hard and their Solrock and Lunatone were hard for me to beat them. But luckily Blaze Kick saved me after all.

Years
  • I was tossing it up between Winona and Tate&Liza because i usually pick Treecko.
    But i voted for Tate&Liza because of the Lunatone and Solrock combo.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I'd say Norman. His Slaking was a major pain to take down. Luckily I chose Torchic at the start so I'd kept Double Kicking it.

Years
  • Brawly was murder during my first Emerald run. I couldn't get past his Makuhita.

For Elite Four member, I've got to say Sidney because (irony alert) his Cacturne. Needle Arm would one-hit KO my Swampert every time.

Back