• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four Member, and Champion do you find annoying?

Which Hoenn Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion is annoying?

• Roxanne

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Brawly

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Wattson

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Flannery

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Norman

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • Winona

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Tate and Liza

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Juan

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • Sidney

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Phoebe

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Glacia

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Drake

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Wallace

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Steven

Votes: 17 12.4%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Brawly hands down for me. That Makuhita was the death of many attempts and one rom playthrough did result in the use of a Sableye *just* for that gym.

Tate combo was also hard first time but that was more due to playing on someone else's game with their Pokemon being underlevelled. Also 8th gym's Milotic, good grief. @_@

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    It really depended on what Pokémon I was using but...
    Roxanne was never really hard.
    Brawly, like Bobandbill said, had an evil Makuhita and always used a Super Potion when I was about to win.
    Wattson was only a problem when Magneton resisted all of my Pokémon's moves.
    Flannery was only hard when her Torkoal got Attract and paralysis on you and then hit you with a sun boosted Overheat.
    Norman was really annoying, unless you had a Pokémon with Protect because Slaking hit hard.
    Winona's Altaria was the only thing to worry about with her, Earthquake was really annoying.
    Tate & Lisa were really hard for me recently in a Nuzlocke, I was lucky to have a Sharpedo to sacrifice.
    Wallace and his Pokémon healing themselves was so annoying.
    And the E4 are generally little problem, seeing that I always end up overlevelling my Pokémon by then. But none of the trainers are really that difficult, these are just the annoying aspects.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Brawly for sure. You couldn't get any good Psychic type Pokemon at the time, so I had to resort to evolving my Tailow, which always took me a long time.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oops. I totally didn't read the OP before voting. I voted for who I found to be annoying in general, which was Brawly, Sidney and Wallace because I thought their designs were really ugly looking… But in my defense, I would have probably voted for them anyway, because the Gen III gym leaders, elite four, and champion wasn't hard at all to beat. Steven was in Emerald, but he doesn't count because Wallace took his place.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
    Tate and Liza from Mossdeep City always gave me the hardest challenges when it came to defeating gym leaders or the Elite Four. When I made my first playthrough of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I easily defeated them. However, when it came to my other attempts when I restarted, they always gave me the most trouble. You bet that I had to get lots of Revives and Hyper Potions! The defenses of the Lunatone and Solrock just overwhelm me.

Back