• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if pokemon was like yugioh?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    Though it would be interesting to see what you guys thought after i found this video. Pokemon is always so cute even though they're battling. Yugioh is so much darker. Just curious to see what the community can come up with.
    If you watch the video, expect some crude humor. Its kinda ridiculous lol
    .com/watch?v=hhFZ-bA_Xeg&feature=plcp
    just put youtube up front if you're curious.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
    I wouldn't like Yu gi oh to be like Pokemon honestly. The main reason I like Pokemon over YGO is because they are alive. YGO monsters are all cards and don't have lives, don't become stronger (have base stats that never improve), and the holder doesn't really seem to care about them either. (my YGO knowledge is weak; I only watched the first season, so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me)

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I agree. Pokemon is more personal then Yu-Gi-Oh.

In Yu-Gi-Oh the monsters are moreso tools then friends, and Yu-Gi-Oh as a series always focused more on the relationships and friendships of the human characters- their relationships with their cards are limited.

Unless you mean to say "what if Pokémon designs were as dark as Yu-Gi-Oh's?"

If they were designed to be darker I probably would have never gotten into it. (Or, never been allowed to get into it as a child.)

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
    Years
    If Pokemon was like yugioh I would hate it or play it and be so bored I would explode. It's true what you said about relationships, my yugioh-liking friend cheats and has little love for his cheated lv100 legendary Pokemon team. :'(

Back