• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if Pokemon Z were the last Pokemon Game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not saying it is, because Pokebank wouldn't have been created if it was, but let's just ponder for a bit. X, Y Z and Alpha and Omega are all pretty final sounding names, so hypothetically let's just say that this gen was the last gen of Pokemon ever, what would you want from the very final game? (and be specific, don't point out the failings of the current game and just say "this should be better!" be very specific and exact in precisely WHAT should have been better and why.)

For me personally, having only played the gen 3 games and then the next time was the current gen of games, there have been huge improvements to ever single aspect of the game to make it better, particularly the breeding mechanic to actually allow players to get perfect or near perfect pokemon without needing to resort to cheating devices, (sure they still do, but that's beside the point) so there's really only two things I would want from the series in that final game to make the series perfect for me:

1) An evolution of Ditto. Not a mega evolution, but an actual item or trade evolution to give it another form. In battle it could have an additional option to transform after transformation so it can switch between which opponent or partner it can transform into after it has transformed into something so that you don't need to switch out after transforming, but more importantly, this evolved form can breed with legendaries. Yeah, it makes them less special, but honestly, if it's the last game, who cares? Both the anime and game series have shown there are more than 1 legendary pokemon usually (how many legendary birds have you collected throughout the multiple games?) and even if they can't breed with each other, people can finally legitimately breed for 5 or 6 IV legendary pokemon.

2) Move tutors that posses ALL the move tutor moves from all previous games so if you want that Regirock from Unova to FINALLY be able to get Dynamic Punch that the Regirock from Hoenn has, you can now get it.

Those are pretty much the only things I would want for the final game in the series. How about you?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Pokémon Z were to be the last game of the series, one thing I would definitely want is inclusion of all regions. I understand that this would require a lot of data and whatnot, but they don't necessarily have to put them inside one cartridge; they could put only one in, would be able to utilize DLC feature to have us download the rest and put them inside a separate memory card of sorts.

I'm not sure how many people would actually enjoy such a thing, but I know I would. If they're able to connect all these regions together and base a one, gargantuan story-line off them all, it would be even better, I believe. Of course, some of us might lose interest eventually and a keep track of what they're doing and whatnot, but latter could definitely be avoided if they make this game non-linear.

Alongside above, one other thing I'd want is inclusion of all Pokémon in the wild, including legendaries. Those that are evolved could have lower encounter rate, and as for legendaries, they would be in-wild if they don't have a place of their own where they could be specifically run into.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If Pokémon Z were to be the last game of the series, one thing I would definitely want is inclusion of all regions. I understand that this would require a lot of data and whatnot, but they don't necessarily have to put them inside one cartridge; they could put only one in, would be able to utilize DLC feature to have us download the rest and put them inside a separate memory card of sorts.

I'm not sure how many people would actually enjoy such a thing, but I know I would. If they're able to connect all these regions together and base a one, gargantuan story-line off them all, it would be even better, I believe. Of course, some of us might lose interest eventually and a keep track of what they're doing and whatnot, but latter could definitely be avoided if they make this game non-linear.

Alongside above, one other thing I'd want is inclusion of all Pokémon in the wild, including legendaries. Those that are evolved could have lower encounter rate, and as for legendaries, they would be in-wild if they don't have a place of their own where they could be specifically run into.

Now that's an interesting aspect I never even considered, but all regions would be awesome! To build on that, I think I will ammend my list to add a third thing:

For Pokemon Z to be on the Wii U. After all, with internet connectivity, there's literally no reason why it can't be on a home console now. After all, you can trade them to the handheld games and hoenstly, how many of us that trade and battle online are doing it from home anyway? But more importantly, since it's on the Wii U, there would be enough space for all the data to have all 6 regions, even if not on one disc, there could be two discs. Very, very good item about the regions, Peitharchia! :D

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Pokémon is Nintendo's biggest cash cow next to Mario and Zelda. I'll die before Pokémon ends.

Now, one thing that could kill Pokémon, is if Nintendo can't make a profitable handheld anymore... Because Pokémon simply wouldn't work in a console. Nintendo only makes games for their proprietary tech, so I can't see them moving into the smartphone market.

Years
  • I honestly wouldn't mind. It would be much better for pokemon to die a hero, than live long enough to become the enemy. Yeah the games keep getting better and better, but eventually it will start running into some friction such as story plot and so on.

Designs are still a great thing for me, but if Z is the last game there a few more things I'd want for this generation:
    -A 6th gen Mystery Dungeon
    -Very creative and community driven pokemon game

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    I legit don't even like the thought of it being the end. Pokemon is just too dang fun and to end it now i'd cry. But if they do make a Pokemon Z and end it there, I hope it goes out with a bang. Something nothing that has been done yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Pokémon is Nintendo's biggest cash cow next to Mario and Zelda. I'll die before Pokémon ends.

Now, one thing that could kill Pokémon, is if Nintendo can't make a profitable handheld anymore... Because Pokémon simply wouldn't work in a console. Nintendo only makes games for their proprietary tech, so I can't see them moving into the smartphone market.

well we're not really talking about how/when/if pokemon will end, this thread is solely for discussing what you would want from the series if Pokemon Z was the last pokemon game.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • well we're not really talking about how/when/if pokemon will end, this thread is solely for discussing what you would want from the series if Pokemon Z was the last pokemon game.

Oh in that case I'd want them to expand Kalos a bit and make a game with great Pokémon distribution, tough challenges, cool new forms for Zygarde, add a few Mega Evolutions, and make it easier to get evo items and teach strong moves to Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Oh in that case I'd want them to expand Kalos a bit and make a game with great Pokémon distribution, tough challenges, cool new forms for Zygarde, add a few Mega Evolutions, and make it easier to get evo items and teach strong moves to Pokémon.

About the only thing on that list I would argue with would be getting the Evo items, because between the Secret Super Training and the Balloon Popping and Graffitti Cleanup games on the PGL website, the Evo items are insanely easy to come across it seems! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Not to say Nintendo is evil/bad/whatever, but they've made a LOT of poor business decisions over the past 15 years. Most of their consoles and products just haven't held their weight with their competitors. Nintendo won't die anytime soon, but if they continue on their current pace they will within the next few years.... and what does that all mean? Pokémon obviously will go under with it unless GAMEFREAK sells rights to another entity.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Not to say Nintendo is evil/bad/whatever, but they've made a LOT of poor business decisions over the past 15 years. Most of their consoles and products just haven't held their weight with their competitors. Nintendo won't die anytime soon, but if they continue on their current pace they will within the next few years.... and what does that all mean? Pokémon obviously will go under with it unless GAMEFREAK sells rights to another entity.

and that's what you want to see in the last pokemon game? Seems like a boring cross between Pokemon and Phoenix Wright! ;-) *Fills out form 10-4A with Red Ink. Red Ink is Super Effective! Form 10-4A faints.* ;-)

Years
  • Now, one thing that could kill Pokémon, is if Nintendo can't make a profitable handheld anymore... Because Pokémon simply wouldn't work in a console. Nintendo only makes games for their proprietary tech, so I can't see them moving into the smartphone market.

The Pokemon games in their current form might not work. But there's a lot of things they could do to make it work on a console like make it into an open world RPG/adventure game or a fighter game.
    Pokemon is too big a franchise to end just because the the platform ceased to exist.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind if Z was the end of the franchise, there's enough Pokemon as is, they almost designed everything you can imagine in 2 decades; and tbh, I'm not feeling the Pokemon design aspect of the franchise the last 5-6 years, they've been lacking.

The way I see it is there are 7 continents on planet earth and so far the Pokemon world has 6 with the last being X&Y.

BRY - 1
    GSC - 2
    RSE- 3
    DPPT - 4
    BW&2 - 5
    XY - 6
    Z - may potentially be the 7th and last.

Then again they may continue it but it's completely possible that Z could be the last game.

And to everyone saying they don't want it to end. The franchise has been going on for near 20 years, that's older than alot of members on this forum. Everything has to end sometime and I think Z would be the best decision maker to end the Pokemon franchise if they do it right.
    I'm with the group that's been playing Pokemon since it came out so I'm ready for an ending plot.

Years
  • Well, if Z was the last game I'd want to see at least 3 things:

The Unown used in the story, besides from the third movie Unown are shown as useless. Perhaps a portal to exist and take you to their dimension where a secret legendary exists.

A multiplay area (ie a post game area with a couple of battle frontier style buildings, powerful trainers etc.

A farther (yes I've played Gen 3 and know there's a father, but I'd like that again).

Obviously there's more I want, but if those three were added it'd be a good start.

Years
  • Well, if Pokemon Z would be the last Pokemon game, although i don't even want to think of it ending, they better make it hella good. Here's my idea:

So in the beginning of the game you would be able to choose the following: Either play as one of the main characters from previous games (May, Leaf, Red, Calem, Serena, whoever the hell you want) or they would let the player choose the new built in characters, and just further customize them later on.

All regions PLUS and extra new one would be available for travel, and of course you start with the brand new region, but as soon as you finish that region, you can choose any of the other regions on where your new adventure begins in (continues on until your run out of regions to visit)

Some people also complain that they don't like the starters (for some reason), so the player has two options- they could either go towards the lab, and get their starter there; OR they could go head towards the other direction -a safari zone, and roam around (for free, no step limit) until they find a Pokemon they want and catch it (there won't be any legendaries though, and no over-level as all of them would still be level 5). the professor then just allows the player to do so, not giving a starter though anymore, and just gives off the pokedex or something.

Also like before you start the game you can choose what modes to play (somewhat like the B/W game modes you get once you finish the game except more different) like

1. Normal Story Mode- y'know, your regular adventure. Fighting off the evil teams, saving the world, becoming the Poke Master, blah blah.

2. NuzLocke- like- legit this time. like a real mode. this mode would come with sub modes (like Egglocke, wonderlocke, randomized, etc.)

3. Character Mode- Now this is something different. So once you choose this mode, there will be two options- the "Good" team, which consists of the DexHolders, probably the rivals of the Main Character, etc. and the other is the "Evil" team, where you can play as the super special grunt of your favorite evil team (Plasma, Magma, Flare, Rocket, etc.) OR even create your own evil team! (you'll still be a grunt though even if you are the one who created the team- it just allows you to modify things like name, uniform, type of pokemon most grunts use, legendary they are after, what they plan to achieve)

4. Mini Game mode- just mini games. So you choose a pokemon from your current team, and play with them, increasing their happiness the longer your play with them (and if you actually win a mini game). This would allow leveling up pokemon like Pichu, Igglybuff, Riolu, etc. to be easier.

There are more stuff on my mind that I can't fathom and put in this post so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I'd love a plot that doesn't ****ing stop each time you lose a battle, it's like in the cannon story your character is an invincible 10 years old child who just defeats every pokemon trainer in the world. For example, in pokemon x/y, the battles against Serena didn't have impact in the plot (except the battle for the mega ring), so it'd have been cool that if you lost one of those battles, instead of sending you to the pokecenter, the characters were aware of you losing a battle, it would feel more human to me. Or, I would like the main game to be a bit more of a challenge, like, the gym leaders forcing you to choose a number of pokemon to use so the battle is even or the evil team grunts carrying something better than the weak pokemon you find in the first routes.

Tamara❤

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I'd love a plot that doesn't ****ing stop each time you lose a battle, it's like in the cannon story your character is an invincible 10 years old child who just defeats every pokemon trainer in the world. For example, in pokemon x/y, the battles against Serena didn't have impact in the plot (except the battle for the mega ring), so it'd have been cool that if you lost one of those battles, instead of sending you to the pokecenter, the characters were aware of you losing a battle, it would feel more human to me. Or, I would like the main game to be a bit more of a challenge, like, the gym leaders forcing you to choose a number of pokemon to use so the battle is even or the evil team grunts carrying something better than the weak pokemon you find in the first routes.

YES. This irks me a lot because it's like a bad mary sue in the story >.<

Also I think there should be option-able side quests where you can earn rare items such as evolution stones or just get paid money. (I'm thinking of a system like the job boards in mystery dungeon ranging from easy to extremely difficult).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree on utilizing Unown; they've had a bit of an importance in first two games (RBY and GSC), but afterward, they wound up disappearing completely.

Though, there are also plenty of other Pokémon that could be put into this category, which, aside from Relicanth, I can't think of any right now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I agree on utilizing Unown; they've had a bit of an importance in first two games (RBY and GSC), but afterward, they wound up disappearing completely.

Though, there are also plenty of other Pokémon that could be put into this category, which, aside from Relicanth, I can't think of any right now.

Unown weren't introduced until 2nd gen, they weren't in RBY.

Jarachie

Shocking, isn't it?
    Years
  • Give Ice types a resistance against Grass, bug, and if possible make its so Ice will be supper effective against water. Not the other way around :/

Make the ability run away, able to switch out from a shadow tag, arena trap, or a pokemon who used block. Etc

Back