• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if the Pokémon had more than 4 moves in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    I disagree with the whole concept of a move limit. First of all, it is unrealistic and silly. Did any of you forget how to perform multiplication when you were taught how to solve second degree equations? Doubt it.
    The point about some pokemon getting way overpowered is mostly invalid. I mean, chances are you won't run out of PPs when battling some other game owner, the only place where they could be a bit abused would be when fighting the elite four and the champion, but that could be balanced out in other ways. The 4-move limit is annoying, and in my opinion should not exist.

LOL. I thought about that too. But I want to figure out how much would the metagame change. You know, in the anime, the battles are not too different, even considering that every pokémon know more than 4 moves(e.g: Ash's Pikachu). And adding a real-time battle system would pair perfectly with 6 mives, don't you think?

Yes, this thread was supposed to be in Game Dev section, so, lets imagine I never said something about I'm developing that system. :3

Now, getting back to the main topic...

Years
    Personally I'm fine with having the four :) It's a nice round number, I'm sorry I just feel like any more than that could become messy :( As has been mentioned before, an optional slot for HM Moves would be very much appreciated, but for me I'm fine with the way it is :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I think that 5 or 6 would be nice but even with 4, the system could be a little more flexible and allow the user to select which 4 moves that a pkmn have already learned want to use before a battle/once a day or something like that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This thread reeks of old. Please don't post in threads over a month old!

Sniffed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back