• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if they made a seperate Anime series for each generation?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
i think rchie and gary should get there own segment.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
i think rchie and gary should get there own segment.
UGH Ritchie, really? Gary yah, but Ritchie the goodie-goodie Ash clone? No thanks.

I think if we watched some of the game characters in the anime people would complain about them the same way they do about the characters we have now. You have them for about four regions you'll notice all the pros and cons about those characters.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2010
That would be nice, but Ash is here to stay. What would have been even better is if they had more than one trainer in the spotlight each gen. Like say if Ash was kept we'd be updated on his adventures, and in another episode or part of that episode it would be focused on the other trainer. Then sometime later on the anime they both met up.
---
oh boy, that sounds stupid and I haven't even press the submit button yet :D

I like that idea actually. Just add new characters and not drop old ones. At least the important ones. I fell behind with the anime so I'm actually in the process of getting caught up. I'm watching the first season right now just for the hell of it.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
That would be better than the anime's current state.

Yah think so? Like I said before, it'd be like contests all over again. New character doing gyms each series. People are already tired of contests cuz of two characters doing the same thing, what would make Gyms so special?

The Chronicle series is one thing, that's a different series. I know a lot of people who love gyms in the show, that's just the forums. Just imagine how many in Japan love gyms still? Why else would they keep them in this long? I mean contests looks like will be gone next series, so.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
In a way, I actually like having Ash go through all these regions, rather than a different lead character. Ever since I first played Yellow when it was released oh so many years ago, to my current save file in HeartGold today, I always kept the same character name. Keeping Ash in each region is sort of the same thing: the same person exploring each region as he learns of it, starting fresh as he/she travels. It can be confusing for new people being introduced to the series, but for the old fans I think its easier to relate to the anime by keeping the same protagonist.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
In a way, I actually like having Ash go through all these regions, rather than a different lead character.

In a way I agree and I disagree. I'm kind of sick of Ash but then Pokémon would be nothing without him since he and Pikachu are the key images of Pokémon. I would prefer if they made a separate series though, because Pokémon needs changes in the anime. Big ones.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
I kind of like the idea of having a different protagonist for each separate region. That would definitely make things more interesting. Pokemon life with Ash and Pikachu is quite monotonous actually.
But then, again, Pokemon itself is based on the adventures of Ash and company. I simply cannot imagine Pokemon without them. But who knows, it all depends on how creative and imaginative the writers can be.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
The animé has been airing for 13+ years so why change it up? The show's staff clearly know what they're doing so they'll keep doing what they've been doing until it's clear that they need to change it up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
The animé has been airing for 13+ years so why change it up? The show's staff clearly know what they're doing so they'll keep doing what they've been doing until it's clear that they need to change it up.

I'm not saying that they should as it's too late now. I'm asking what if they made a seperate Anime for each generation starting from the beginning.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
That wasn't aimed at you.

The writers might have let the charactes win their big tournaments. Then again Dawn says otherwise.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What if they made a seperate Anime series for each generation?

It would basically be like the PokeSpecial manga, and that.. would be awesome.

I'd prefer it to the way they do the anime, actually.

Granted, I'm totally happy with Ash's new B&W look, and the different characters - buuuut I'd love to see the anime focus around a completely new cast. Would've been nice if they would've done that from the start, instead of re-hashing the same characters.

Back