• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if...you didn't join PC?

Sirfetch’d

This isn't a thread about whether or not you regret joining PC, but rather for you to say where you think you would be if it weren't for PC. What if you had not clicked the "register" button when you discovered PC? How different do you think your life would be? Would your life be like it was before you joined? Knowing that you did in fact join PC, what would you miss the most if you had decided not to join?

TY

This is kinda difficult to answer, since i would be relieved from a lot of pain, but also i would miss the fun and friends i made here. Idk i guess i would be just like i used to be in primairy school, someone who rather avoids conversations and lonely... I owe PC a lot i guess.

Years
    As "heartless" as I'm probably going to sound, Pokecommunity has changed nothing in my life so far, I haven't been around for a long time and there aren't much life changing experiences (unless something drastic happens to the life of one of my closer online acquaintances) to be had over an internet forum. It's a good time killer when I have nothing to do, though.

I'm sure some others feel different about this topic, though.

Years
    I'm not really sure to be honest.. I mean, it wasn't until this year that PC became my default website to visit (I'm on PC more than Youtube these days), and I probably would have been very bored this summer if I didn't have an account here on PC xD

Back between 2010-2012, I was pretty much active at another forum with PC being a place I only lurked on and seldom posted at.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    I would be bored as hell without PC. I mean the only other site I mainly visit is neoseekr lmao

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    If I didn't join PC back in the day, I probably would have never developed an internet addiction in the first place. Chances are I'd have ended up being more physically and socially active, and I wouldn't have stuck with Pokemon for so long.

I have mixed feelings about all this "What if" talk, but what's done is done and I'm content.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    If I didn't join PC back in the day, I probably would have never developed an internet addiction in the first place. Chances are I'd have ended up being more physically and socially active, and I wouldn't have stuck with Pokemon for so long.

I have mixed feelings about all this "What if" talk, but what's done is done and I'm content.

Years
    If I didn't join PC, I would not have learned new things about Pokemon or even make friends with so many awesome people. Also, I'd imagine how bored I was if I was a Pokemon fan who didn't join Pokemon forums, it would be boring wouldn't it?

Years
    I'd probably be less distracted right now. Have assignment due in 4 hours. 50 more pages of reading to do. I'll come up with a real answer later. :3

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I wouldn't be into writing one bit. It was at PC where I learned I actually liked to write, and I wouldn't be attempting to help others either. I'd still be into pokemon, battling, and the like, but I wouldn't have anybody to share my experiences with. I'd still be a pokemon addict, but a lonely pokemon addict at best.

I also would be bored a heck of a lot more. This site is probably second in my list of most frequently visited. Right behind another pokemon forum. If it weren't for PC, I'd probably spend a lot more time on Memecenter and Facebook.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I spent a lot of time here procrastinating, and that had a negative impact on a lot of things in my life. My life would probably have been a lot better if I hadn't joined here, but something tells me I would have ended up joining another forum that would have had the same affect on my life PokéCommunity has. Even though PokéCommunity means a lot to me because of the friendships I've formed here, I could have done better without it.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    Um,PC is a place i log into to spend sometime..my life without it is pretty much the same..after AN i don't think i'll love any other places the same way i loved that place...though,it's nice to spend sometime around from time to time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    If I did not join I would probably be more bored than usual when at home but in the end I imagine 4chan filling the void more often despite /vp/ being a bunch of morons imho.

Sirfetch’d

Personally I think I'd be a bit more productive in school, but other than that my life would be flat out boring without PC. I wouldn't have made so many friendships and that is what is the most important to me. I also enjoy having a place to discuss Pokemon because no one that I associate with irl even remotely likes Pokemon. In the end, had I not joined I would definitely miss the people here the most.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Hmm... let's see...

I'd probably would've ended up retiring from Pokémon altogether eventually if I hadn't joined. I'd also would not have met my bundle of friends that I've got right now, especially my little PC sis (in my sig.)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Had I not joined PC on that one fateful day, I probably wouldn't have the internet addiction I do today and I'd likely be spending my time doing something else. What that something else may be, I'm not entirely sure. Probably something more productive, haha. However, had I not joined I wouldn't have met the people I know today and consider my friends which is the one thing I appreciate the most being here.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
    No offence, but PC makes up only a very small portion of my life. I hardly go on anyway, so I would hardly be affected, if at all, had I not joined.
    Don't get me wrong, everyone's awesome and the forums great, it's just I'm quite disinterested in Pokemon at the moment, plus I just don't spend much time on here.

Last edited:
    Back