• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What -in your opinion- is the strongest pokémon!?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • Each Pokemon is strong in their own way, but Arceus has a fair chance at being the God.
    Since, it's my own opinion I think Mew would be the strongest.
    It makes Pokemon faint with it's cuteness

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Tyranitar, Metagross or something that has a high attack like those do. But, I'd say that Mewtwo must be up there or Deoxys.

Years
  • I can use Togekiss, and Absol the best, but for Facts sake Arceus has the highest Base Stat, and Dragonite has the best non-legendary, Non-Slack Off base stat.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The Most Powerful Pokemon...?

lmfao @ Mewtwo being the strongest. As if.

Anyways, there is no such thing. I've seen people pwn legendaries using anything from Skitty to Vespiquen, so needless to say, it's the trainer that makes his or her own Pokemon strong. You can use Mewtwo and Arceus in your team and still be defeated by someone using average Pokemon; it's happened before and will continue to happen in the future, lolo.

There isn't a strongest Pokemon, it's the way you train the Pokemon. I myself I have wiped out an Acreus with a Breloom and in a later match an Ampharos, this doesn't make them the strongest. This means I have trained them and use them in a manner which makes them stronger than others. There are plenty that could defeat them, so really, all are as strong each other in their own way. Sure, there are slightly weaker Magikarp but they still have their own strengths.

:cer_boogie: Once again, this awesome and timeless quote comes to mind:

Elite Four Karen said:
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on--the Champion is waiting.

Tiers are for queers! :cer_pissed: (can be applied to Pokemon as well, not just Smash Bros.)

Though, the most powerful Pokemon would probably have to be one of the following, IMO:

Mewtwo
    - if Ash hadn't interfered in the first movie, I really wonder what further havoc would have been wrought upon humanity...

Arceus
    - highest Base Stat Total of all Pokemon should say something! And he made the rest of the Pokemon!

Garchomp
    (especially Cynthia's) - that thing is just terrifying. Every time I see it getting mentioned, it becomes even more menacing... And one completely decimated Paul's team in an epic Crowning Moment of Awesome!

Ash's Pikachu
    - that thing has been able to use hax four times now! (Thunder Armor, Counter Shield, Aim 4 Teh Horn, and Volt Tail) WTF?! Additionally, he was able to trump his own evo not once, but twice; beat the Legendary Pokemon Regice, and tie with a Latios!)

Ash's Charizard
    - Overcame a major type disadvantage, as seen here. And he was able to defeat an Articuno and "tie" with an Entei!

Blaziken - Personally, I can attest to its strength (it was my first starter ever! :D). And so can this. Any Pokemon that can clash Ash's Charizard like that with a type disadvantage and win is a powerful one, indeed. IMO, a truly monumental battle in Pokemon history, after seeing Charizard win so many times...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • :cer_boogie: Once again, this awesome and timeless quote comes to mind:

Tiers are for queers! :cer_pissed: (can be applied to Pokemon as well, not just Smash Bros.)

I know this mentality is all good and stuff, but I'd like to point something out. (well, first off, you sorta counted stats and all when you said Arceus, but let's not mind that). I would love to see you fight with a Luvdisc and it's incredibly crappy stats and try to win against a Gyarados or something. It just doesn't work that way, lol.

There is no such thing as the "strongest" pokemon, that much is true. However, there are "stronger" and "weaker" Pokemon relative to each other. That much is also true; it's pretty much assured. What actually constitutes these stronger and weaker Pokemon lists...well, some things are obviously strong (ie. Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, GARCHOMP) and some things are obviously weak (unevolved stuff, Loldisc, Suckle, etc), but what makes up the middle portion is harder to define.

Meh.

Years
  • It all depends on how you play pokemon, like I find Alakazam and Gengar are better than legendaries like Groudon and Articuno, because I play in the style of a pure sweeper. Other people will disagree and say that Blissey or Skarmory are the best because they can take almost any Special or Physical hit respectively.

It all depends on how you play Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I was younger, I thought it was Poliwrath because it was the hardest to beat lol. Now? Any of the starters that can learn earthquake, fire moves and strength - along with Golduck. XD;

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    I would have to say Deoxys. His stats are off the the charts his normal form he's ranked 4th in Atk, 3rd in SpA and 3rd in Speed. His Atk form he's ranked 1st in Atk and SpA and as well as 3rd in Speed. Def form he's ranked 5th in Def and 3rd in SpD. In is Speed form of course he's ranked 1st. In his Atk form he can be a deadly special or physical atk sweeper. That's why i have to say Deoxys pwns. :P

Years
  • Well doesn't exist such strongest Pokemon, every pokemon as got weakness, so is impossible to get a strongest.

Well the F.E.A.R Rattata is kind cool

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    All Pokémon are powerful. It depends on how you train it.
    Though the strongest Pokémon that I currently have is a Gengar (Lvl. 100).
    His Shadow Ball is murder!

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • What -in your opinion- is the strongest pokémon!?

I know I am gonna sound like crazy but see this monkey? Yes, he is the strongest Pokemon in my opinion. If not, then I'll be with Rayquaza.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Well, by the most objective way of gauging things, Arceus would be the strongest by virtue of having a godly BST of 720. XD

Personally, Snorlax is a beast. Not only is he bulky, he can put quite the hurt on nearly anyone with Earthquake and STAB'd Body Slam. XD

Seriousnessly,I strongly agree on this. And Snorlax... can eat a mountain of food. He's every moneyfaced person nightmare. (think about the moneyfaced person treating a snorlax)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    Mewtwo is the strongest for sure. Mew is very powerful too. With sacred ash on ho-oh and aeroblast on lugia they can be pretty beastly also.

Out of non-legendaries Dragonite is the best pokemon imo, I believe hes better than tyranitar as I had both at level 100 and Dragonite worked better for me.

(Btw I only played the first two generations so I don't know much about the new ones but I think Mewtwo would own arceus). ;)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Arceus by stats which is the only non-objective way of measuring it.

However, Manaphy in rain is virtually impossible to kill.

And Surf + STAB + Rain + Tail Glow will devestate whatever it hits.

Back