• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    The Cruxshadows. they have a song called Eurydice and is based off of greek mythology.
    i love this name if i could i would change my real life name to it as well ^_^

Years
    At one point, Sammi-san was my sister's nickname for me. This was way back in the day when both my sister and I were a bit more obsessed with Japan than we are now. (Although Sammi itself comes from one of my aunts.) When I first started using the Internet, I remembered the nickname and thus used it. It's in lowercase because Sammi-san looks ridiculous imo.

Andrew Ryan

Years
    I'm a big fan of the Bioshock games, and Andrew Ryan was one of the main characters in the first one. Atlas was my first choice, but it was already taken, so I went with the next best. :D

Years
    A newer, gorier version of the classic 1910 Gaston Leroux tale has A Nightmare on Elm Street's Robert Englund playing the Phantom. Christine Daaé is a young Broadway singer in New York City. She is auditioning for a show, and comes across an old piece of music written nearly 100 years before by an unknown musician name Erik Destler. Destler it seems had made a pact with the devil (maybe by accident) so the world would love his music, the catch was Erik's face would be left horribly disfigured forever. Once Christine sings his music for an audition, she is hit with a sandbag, thus follows a presumed flashback into the past roughly around 1881, where she was the star in the London Opera House. There she is coached by a mysterious "Phantom" who will do anything to make his protege a star, even if it means murder. Christine soon finds out that her teacher is in fact Destler, whom she comes to loathe.

Fun fact: I never actually finished this movie. I had always known the Phantom's name was Erik, but this was the first time a decent surname was given..so I stuck to it. 8D;

I started going by it on IRC, and subsequently on forums. :>
    So, yeah. My love for Phantom of the Opera inspired my name. n_n

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh hey! I get to tell my story! Again. For the umpteenth time.

The inspiration for my username started a few years ago, back when I was active on a Danny Phantom Forum. When I joined that forum, I called myself DanPhantomFan (Danny Phantom fan... yeah, I wasn't creative). However, as the months go by, I would still be on the forum, but I wasn't as into Danny Phantom anymore. Due to this, I wanted a name change, but I wanted to keep the initials of my username (DPF) because everyone called me by that.

Eventually, the name 'DigiPeachFruit' (Digital Peach Fruit) was born.

However many years it was went by, when I was then in Ninth Grade. I met a friend, who was into Digimon, and got me back into Digimon. While we were both obsessed with it, we started to poke fun at my username, going 'DigiPeachFruit: the Peaches are Binary' because in the Digimon world everything is digital and thus made out of binary code.

That was when I got an idea, though. Rather than having DigiPeachFruit, I would change my username to BinaryPeaches, where it would make more sense (because saying Digital Peaches: the peaches are binary didn't sound right). So, BinaryPeaches was born. Original, with a nice fun story to come alongside it.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    My older brother and science did. I asked my older if he could think of a username as I was having blanks so he said 'Cold' but I think Cold was already taken then, so I googled Cold and for some reason found 'Cold Fusion' on wikipedia and I decided that it sounded cool (see what I did there?) enough and kept that as my username. I wouldn't mind, I was forced into doing science with no choice a little while later and still blame my username for it.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Corvidae is the name of the family of birds that contains crows, ravens, jays, magpies ect. I've always been fascinated by these clever birds so I donned their scientific title.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Let me think of all the usernames I've had...

SilverSmeargleSplatter: Favorite color is silver. Favorite Pokemon is Smeargle. Smeargle's make splatters. Bam.

Sydian: I hatched a Scyther on Pearl and Sydian came to mind, and at the time, I was supposed to be joining a forum that my friend wanted me to mod at, and I thought the same sounded "moderatorish" so yeah. And now I have it here.

Seiphre: Needed a name on NinBuzz forums. idk how I came up with it, but at the time, I was thinking of Klippy's older username, Popwar Bunny, and idk how it relates, but idk. I wanted to be a bunny and I was almost Seiphre Bunny. lmao

Kurt Cobain: Self explanatory.

Color Me Happy: Contrary to popular assumption, it wasn't a play on Color Me Evil. It was something on my shampoo bottle and also an attempt to match my forum twin (this forum is long gone btw) who was Paint Me Pretty or something like that.

Genocide: Studying the Holocaust, thought it was a cool word.

Healthy Libido: What's Sydian without sexual references? This was my last username on that forum that died. lol

Lemon Fences: Crack induced. idk Just thought it was cool.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have a clue where the hell Patchisou came from, but I wanted a name like Hiroshi Sotomura that was more like a name of a character, and I couldn't think of anything after Patchisou. At the time, I was obsessed with Fruits Basket. Yutohru came from Tohru Honda, the main character. Patchisou Tohru didn't sound right, so I picked random letters to fill that void. I'm sure if you search my posts (and actually care about my username that much to go through that), you'll find a post here with why I chose Patchisou. Though, it has absolutely nothing to do with that derp of a Pikachu clone I refuse to associate with.

Years
    I was a pretty big bleach fan at the time I created mine. (Favorite character was Toshiro obviously. lol)

But even though I don't really like bleach anymore, I still like this name.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Honestly there wasn't any real inspiration for my username... I was just syllable meshing when I came here and it turned into Kirozane, which in the end stuck, though I had tossed it aside for more consideration at the time.

Although it does sound like something that would have deeper explanation... Nope. Just randomness. ._.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    This happened waaaay before I joined PC. I was having a personal problem with an ex-bf of mine, and I literally blocked him everywhere on the internet. I was going by a different name. I had the option to change it randomly to Meganium90 on Twitter, FB, and two of the other forums I'm currently a member of. Meganium being my favorite pokemon, and 90 being my birth year. It's obvious, I know. but since the day I changed it, I never bothered to change it to a different, yet cooler name since.

Years
    Googled for some Garfield comics because I found the ones in the newspaper numerically insufficient, stumbled upon one picture of Garfield saying this and agreed instantly. That must have been on the same day I registered here, so somehow it became my username.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I was trying to think up an interesting username so I went on this "foreign name" website to look at all different names. While on the site I ended up finding the name Aysel which apparently means moonlight or moonbeam. I thought Aysel sounded nice, but was too short. So while looking on another website full of names I found the second part of my username, ipera. The only thing is ipera isn't a name, it was at one point, but I switched around the letters in it to make it more appealing. So as of now I don't remember what the second half of my username was originally before I switched it up.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
    well i used this online word mixer below:
    https://www.nexi.com/fun/rw/index.html
    to name my stater pokemon in addision to the preperation for the black and white game! so meerfall came from meerkat and waterfall and eventally i was thinking of a name but i wasn't so sure... so i used it! but when i used it i was unaware that it was a good name... but now i know!

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    I'm really into the Japanese culture and heck I thought of something like "I want a Goddess name (xD)" So I browsed through a list of Japanese Goddess names and found one I liked: Kishijoten. Her name means: Goddess of luck and beauty.

Gilgαmesh

This username came about during a suggestion a friend of mine gave me. I was really hesitant on figuring out what my username would be, and that's when a friend of mine suggested this name for me because of the anime Fate/stay Night. It reminded her of it, and for me, I associate it with more or less the biblical definition of "Gilgamesh", I guess. Because the original name was also taken, I had to make the "a" sorta stylish. xD;

/end life story.

Back