• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] What is an Encounter limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I'm making an open-world project while scaling a pokemon's levels and evolutions.

I think it's over 999 or at least there's no limit in 'encounter.txt'.

Each version requires a number of gym badges. The more badges you earn, the stronger the pokemon.

If there is a limit, I'll go for a script question next time.

Years
  • When you ask if there is a limit on encounter.txt, do you mean the encounter version?
    If so then I don't think there is a limit, though if you are only going to increase the level of the wild Pokémon after each badge then shouldn't you only need the number to go up to 8?

If not then please explain your question with a bit more detail.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I mean by an encounter table limit, similar to a map limit.

Knowing is impossible to raise the map limit without a disc changer script. If I go over 999 encounter tables, I fear that the game will crash. By over 999, I mean 1000 or more.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Alright, let's just say I have 900 maps with encounter tables.

Ex. Map010 for Land, Map010 for LandRare.

Two encounter tables for each map. LandRare is a custom encounter table I've come up with. LandRare is a randomizer like rand(9) = 0.

Back to this PBS topic. The point is the encounter tables is the total of 1800.

Tell me, does 1800 (1000+) encounter tables in one game cause a crash or does it keeps playing? By play, I mean resume (doesn't crash at all). I already know how to use versions.

I hope this is specific enough?

Years
  • I can't see why that would crash, particularly. I don't think there's any cap on things like this. Since there's 999 maps available, and each one could potentially have Grass, Water, Fishing, etc. So I imagine you have nothing to worry about.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Thanks for letting me know.

Now that there's a possibility there's no cap for encounter tables, I'll continue on my project.

Request to lock this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back