• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is considered a complete set?

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
Years
  • After getting back into all the Pokemon goodness, instead of buying loads of various booster packs I thought I'd concentrate on the sets I'm closest to completing.

So I've been collecting four sets: Stormfront, Triumphant, Black & White and Next Destinies.

For each of these, I now have every common, uncommon, trainer/supporter/stadium, rare and holo. Would this be enough to be considered a full set?

I also have, in each set: secret holos, EX cards, full arts (to which they apply). However would you need every secret holo/EX/full art for it to be a 'complete set'?

I hate having only a few of said rare cards so I'm attempting to buy any secret rares, EXs, full arts that I do not have anyway. I hate seeing empty gaps!

I just wondered what other people thought.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    My idea of a complete set is getting one of each card in the set according to the set number in the bottom right hand corner (i.e. 100/100), plus any secret rares. A lot of sets now come with reverse foil along with non foil and regular foil, but I don't bother with those because that would double the cost of getting the set.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • Yeah, I think I'm the same. I arrange them by number order and when I see gaps it just annoys me.

I used to like reverse holos, but now I've decided to keep them separate to my set. As I've gone off them. I do like the Next Destinies designs of reverse holos mind, especially Raichu, it just seems to really suit it!

Years
  • I collect in a logical way :D Well I do the Set Numbers of course and for Instance if I was trying to collect Next Destinies (which I am) then I would collect the 99 but not the all Full Art EX's because Full Arts are the same as the EX's but with better Artwork so basically the same card, and the same with the Shiny Cards in Next Destinies such as Hydrogien Shiny same attacks like in Noble Victories just more shiny artwork just a better way for your money and you Collection.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Actually now that you mention it, the new pattern-style of the reverse foils makes them kind of irresistible. I try to get those just because they look so good.

Back