• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is love?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Love can be simply defined as having a intimate, caring relationship with another. Romantic love is one that is particularly intense and involves someone you would want to spend the rest of your life with, and can be sexual.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Love? hmm love is a deep connection that can transcend any barriers...hmm hope no one said something like this if you did sorry for copying i just didn't read all the posts XD.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Well to me love is probably the most strongest emotion of good emotions that anyone can truely feel; As long as you truely do love that special someone, who loves you in return then I say anything is possible. It may not be seen, but there is a thin thread that no matter the distance or how tough the obsticles that you come across in your love life, that thread can never really be broken, also love is the most wonderful thing ever in the entire world, but it can also be a huge black hole of pain and heartbreak.

I really don't think love takes sides either, when it comes to matters of the heart, there is no garantees. When you fall in love, you do take risks of it either not working out or getting your heartbroken. And I'm sure most of us here know what its like to have your heart broken. It can be one of the worst pains ever, and because of this being the outcome of so many relationships around; Some people tend to fear that if they fall in love again, then they're only going to get their heart crushed again.

So all in all, love has its light and dark sides with it, but I wouldn't say its your enemy; As the saying goes, people give up on love but it doesn't give up on you, and though it hurts terribly like a deep wound, having your heart broken and things not working out the way you want them too, to me is just another lesson in life, that which life wants us to learn.

But to put it simply so I don't talk all day here xD Love is a very rewarding experience and I do in fact believe in the saying that there is someone out there for everyone. So in my eyes, don't ever take love for granted, it means different things to different people, but in the end I think for most of us it comes down to the same thing; No one can promise that they won't hurt, because one day they will, but what the real promise is, through all the tears and heartbreak, the love itself was all worthwhile in the end and its not impossible to find another one to love. As its been said, love knows no bounderies.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    I'm certainly not good enough to articulate it. But I am getting closer every day! : )

edit: Let me touch on heartbreak.

Heartbreak comes from you not getting what you want (them to return your affection), but this is not love.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Ah, love is certainately something hardly anyone can handle. The want for the other to be happy. Even if it means without you in the picture. And that it's happiness makes you feel happy too. To be grateful to be alive, if not just to meet them. Throughout all the wrongs, it's this person existing that can make you feel so right so quickly. When apart, you know that you'll be meeting up again, so there's no "Uh, I'm apart from my boy/girlfriend, it hurtsss.", you would cross anything to make it to them one last time, even if it were to just say goodbye.

Love has nothing to do with pain. But when an argument comes up, and it will, as all humans do this, it is had civilly. Or at the very least talked about, rather than shoving it the back of one anothers' heads to just rot.

Love is a rare feeling. The same as Valor.

And when it is truly felt, you can tell it apart from any pretender.

Love isn't a beautiful strange thing. Love can be compared to Best Friends, the ones that were so similar to you, even if they were opposite of you. Despite this, Love is rare. Can't stress that enough.
    Of course, this is me speaking from experience, but I won't get into that. No need to bore another with my satisfaction in life, no. :3

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Love is seemed to be a simple emotion such as hate, Both are often used in incorrect ways.
    There is
    -infatuation
    -attraction
    -lust
    -LOVE

Love is one that few really understand, i am a Casanova, well thats what my friends say o_o
    Teenage romance...

Keep a eye on this, ill write more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2010
    Are your palms sweaty, is your heart racing, And your voice caught within your chest?
    It isn't Love, it's Like.
    You can't keep your eyes or hands off of them, am I right?
    It isn't Love, it's Lust.
    Are you proud, and eager to show them off?
    It isn't Love, it's Luck.
    Do you want them because you know they're there?
    It isn't Love, it's Loneliness.
    Are you there because it's what everyone wants?
    It isn't Love, it's Loyalty.
    Do you stay for their confessions of Love, because you don't want to hurt them?
    It isn't Love, it's Pity.
    Are you there because they kissed you, or held your hand?
    It isn't Love, it's being Unconfident.
    Do you belong to them because their sight makes your heart skip a beat?
    It isn't Love, it's Infatuation.
    Do you pardon their faults because you care about them?
    It isn't Love, it's Friendship.
    Do you tell them every day they are the only one you think of?
    It isn't Love, it's a Lie.
    Are you willing to give all of your favorite things for their sake?
    It isn't Love, it's Charity.

Does your heart ache and break when they're sad?
    Then it's Love.
    Are you attracted to others, but stay with them faithfully without regret?
    Then it's Love.
    Do you accept their faults because they're a part of who they are?
    Then it's Love.
    Do you cry for their pain, even when they're strong?
    Then it's Love.
    Do their eyes see your true heart, and touch your soul so deeply it hurts?
    Then it's Love.
    But do you stay because a blinding, incomprehensible mix of pain and elation pulls you close and holds you?
    Then it's Love.
    Would you give them your heart, your life, your death?
    Then it's Love.

Now, if Love is painful, and tortures us so,
    why do we Love?
    Why is it all we search for in life?
    This pain, this agony?
    Why is it all we long for?
    This torture, this powerful death of self?
    Why?
    Because it's...
    Love

Back