• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is mew

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    well ive looked at mew a few times and i cant decide what animal its based on. well what do you think? what is mew?

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    a thing like mew could never be described...
    its powerful,cute and what i hink the best pokemon that ever lived...now have u heard oif animal the matches this description?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its supposed to carry genetics of all things so It cant go under one category

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Mew resembles a cat more then anything else. It is not stated to be a cat Pokemon, however it looks mostly like a cat.

Also there is no proof Arceus came before Mew.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Is it based on a rats body with an alien head? Who knows? ^_^

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    well i mean why would it be a sphinx? is has liek a mouse head

A mouse's head?

*looks at picture of mew*

I don't see it.

I guess it would be possible for it to be a head of a mouse but most mammals look alike so I couldn't say for sure.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    well if thats true does that mean is has the genes of arceus,a pokemon that was around before mew?

I could easily say yes but...

Mew was the first pokemon to live on earth, not Arceus.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Maybe Arceus isn't a Pokemon at all, maybe he's beyond Pokemon,
    or it could be Arceus wasn't always a Pokemon and only became one after mew came using mew's DNA to make him self a Pokemon.
    But I'm getting of topic.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Mew resembles a cat. Hence "mew"? The sound a cat makes. And it does resemble a cat a lot, even if it is small and cuddly like a mouse.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    Maybe Arceus isn't a Pokemon at all, maybe he's beyond Pokemon,
    or it could be Arceus wasn't always a Pokemon and only became one after mew came using mew's DNA to make him self a Pokemon.
    But I'm getting of topic.

as definied from pkmn diamond/pearl, arceus is the god of pokemon he created the world then dialga and palkia and so forth. so tech. me cant have all the dna of of all the pokemon in the world

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    It looks like it is based on a fetus. Which makes sense in a way since it's linked to all pokemon

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I could easily say yes but...

Mew was the first pokemon to live on earth, not Arceus.
    No, Arceus created Mew. :P

Anyways, it looks like a Kangaroo Mouse (a type of mouse), since its face looks like it mouse's head. Its entire body looks exactly like that type of mouse also, and Mew sounds like Mouse (kinda, they just start with M). Although, it seems like a cat also, and sounds like Meow... It could be a bunny, which is an option.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    No, Arceus created Mew. :P
    There really is no legitimate proof of which one came first. I mean, if Arceus did create Mew, then Mew wouldn't contain the DNA of all Pokemon because it's missing Arceus's DNA. If Arceus was the one who gave birth to Mew, then Arceus would too contain the DNA of all Pokemon. But yeah, there's not enough of the story to determine which came first.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    I always thought it was a cat. I don't know what else it could be. It could be a squirrel but it doesn't have a squirrely tail. And it can't be a rt because it has neither rat shaped tail nor a rat shaped body. And no, it doesn't resemble a cat to the degree that some other cat pokemon do, but maybe it's an alien cat. So yeah, Mew's a cat.

Back