• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is SO important about shinies?

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Why the HELL shinies are so important? Shinies, shinies, shinies, but are they more important than normal Pokemon? They're rare, but besides that what is the difference between them? I've read somewhere that the base stats aren't higher than normal Pokémon, they are lower. But what is the difference? Do shinies have special effects in battle or something??? Please tell me.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    When you're done with the game and you did EVERYTHING in the game, you can always collect shinies and trade it for sweet deals. Besides, once you catch a shiny, you're inclined to jump up and down in joy screaming, "Yeah! I got a shiny! I got a shiny!" That's what I did. Now, I go hunting for shinies when I'm bored. Pretty fun. Just be prepared to get frustrated when a Pokemon breaks your PokeRadar streak~

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Why the HELL shinies are so important? Shinies, shinies, shinies, but are they more important than normal Pokemon? They're rare, but besides that what is the difference between them? I've read somewhere that the base stats aren't higher than normal Pokémon, they are lower. But what is the difference? Do shinies have special effects in battle or something??? Please tell me.

Argh, dude..Shinies are terrible overrated. Honestly, I don't understand what the entire thing with them is either; How the hell can anyone be so patient in searching for a pokemon with a 1 in 8000-somthing chance of appearing, just because it sparkles? O_O

I went shiny hunting once, and was succesful after like...8 hours of looking xD

It wasn't worth it. At all.

xD In case you are wondering, I was hunting for a shiny ghastly in Pearl. Black gengar looks effing awesome xD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I will marry my shiny Rayquaza.

did I just say that?!

Shinies are just plain rare, thats why ppl like them. My shiny Rayquaza looks so ducking awesome!!!

I do.

Years
    I guess they suck
    Ugliers than the normal ones

lets see:

shiny

non shiny

another example:

shiny

non shiny

yeah you are right, shinies do look ugly :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Other Pokemon look nicer shiny for some people like Toki Wartooth likes the gengar's shiny color and me liking the black shiny Rayquaza,haunter,etc.

Back