• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is the 5th Gen's "Legendary Trio"?

Will Reshiram and Zekrom have a 3rd counterpart?

• Yes. The pattern of Trios almost confirms that there will be a 3rd counterpart.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No. They represent Yin and Yang and a 3rd counterpart will not only break this bond but it will not

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Doesn't matter. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME ALREADY!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I think that Reshiram and Zekrom will have a "Giratina" that will make their own new Dragon Trio.

It will of course be a Dragon-Type and it's secondary type will most likely be Grass because of the fact that Reshiram is part Fire and Zekrom is part Electric.

You see the similarity is that Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric types cause 1/2 Damage to Dragon types. So seeing how the part Water Dragon Type Pokemon is already taken by Palkia, the next Dragon Legendary has to be Part Grass Type.
    or Ice to counter it's weakness.
    Dragon/Ice Type.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • about that mantis thing, im pretty sure the first time it was seen was in a triple battle and im pretty sure they just announce legendaries battling normal pokemon(as in non-legends) that has rarely happened.

Nooooo I really wanted that pokemon to be a Legendary! :knockedou

or Ice to counter it's weakness.
    Dragon/Ice Type.
    But that wouldn't really fit in my opinion, although it would be awesome.

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
  • the natural vs. unnatural (or industrialized) world does not need a trio. What would that trio be? Wildboat gave a good guess, but I think there shouldn't be one or if there is we should be surprised when the 3rd installment comes out.

There could be a Spiritual one to go with it, actually. Or like, a Tao thing. Either way, we've got options.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    the natural vs. unnatural (or industrialized) world does not need a trio. What would that trio be? Wildboat gave a good guess, but I think there shouldn't be one or if there is we should be surprised when the 3rd installment comes out.

We wouldn't have to wait for the 3rd installment to discover what it is.

If there is going to be one, it will be available in black and white.

As Giratina was available in diamond and pearl.

Btw, it's WildBolt.
    It's going to be a new Electric-Type move in 5th Gen! (:

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • **Update!

Added information regarding "Trio Masters"

We can now also discuss our predictions of what the Trio Master(s) will be of the 5th Gen's Legendary Trio(s).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its highly doubtful that there will be a third Legend to go with Reshrim and Zekrom. I really wish people would drop that. They represent Yin and Yang. There can only be two. Not three.

The trio can be anything. I don't have any particular idea as to what, nor do I care too much for them. Just really wish people would stop with Zekrom and Reshrim having a third. Zekrom and Reshrim are going to be like Ho-oh and Lugia from Gen two, mainly Mascots for the games and only be different by tying in their stories.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • Its highly doubtful that there will be a third Legend to go with Reshrim and Zekrom. I really wish people would drop that. They represent Yin and Yang. There can only be two. Not three.

The trio can be anything. I don't have any particular idea as to what, nor do I care too much for them. Just really wish people would stop with Zekrom and Reshrim having a third. Zekrom and Reshrim are going to be like Ho-oh and Lugia from Gen two, mainly Mascots for the games and only be different by tying in their stories.

I wouldn't be too confident.

They're Dragon Legendaries and relate very much to Dialga and Palkia.

Although they indeed represent Yin and Yang that doesn't automatically mean that they will have absolutely no other relation to another Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Its highly doubtful that there will be a third Legend to go with Reshrim and Zekrom. I really wish people would drop that. They represent Yin and Yang. There can only be two. Not three.

I lol'd at this.

You think just because they have relation to Yin and Yang that there can't be a 3rd counterpart? That information is irrelevant when it comes to Pokemon.

Unless you are not familiar with the pattern of Legendary Trios, there is no reason to believe that Reshiram and Zekrom will not have a 3rd Counterpart.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I lol'd at this.

You think just because they have relation to Yin and Yang that there can't be a 3rd counterpart? That information is irrelevant when it comes to Pokemon.

Unless you are not familiar with the pattern of Legendary Trios, there is no reason to believe that Reshiram and Zekrom will not have a 3rd Counterpart.

Generation 1:
    1 set

Generation 2:
    1 set

Generation 3:
    2 sets, though Rayquaza is debatable due to it not actually giving a weather power. It just erases weather, something Psyduck and Golduck can also do. Unlike other trio's these three do not have many common attacks.

Generation 4:
    2 sets, though Dialga/Palkia/Giratina set is highly debated as Giratina isn't considered to be part of this set despite the fact that they, like the other trio's, share moves.

The major Trios (weather and Dragon) are also fan based trios. Unlike the Birds, Dogs, Golems, and Spirits these are not said to be a set by the games.

Even though all of this, These all tie into each other in some way shape and form.

The birds are by their name and being the first set of Trio's wasn't planned out to match one another as well as the later parts. Their main relation is that they are birds with a major destructive element.

The Dogs were said to be the embodiment of the wrecking of the burned tower. Original was that they were trapped and Ho-oh took pitty on the three and revived them with new powers and forms.

Its easy to see how the Golems are related. Same with the three spirits.

The three weather Legendaries. Groundon, the Continent, Kyogre, the Sea, and Rayquaza, the Sky, have many things linking them. Various legends that also have the same relations of Earth and Sea being ruled by the Sky. Scientific relations of the Hydrosphere, Lithosphere, and Atmosphere.

The three Dragons are harder play, Time and Space are 4th dimension physics while Giratina lives and exists in the space between the third and fourth dimension where no time exists and space is distorted.

Reshrim and Zekrom share a relation that only allows for the two to be in place with no room for a third. The appearance of a third would break the balance that Reshrim and Zekrom hold and personify. So yes there is a good reason to believe that there won't be a third legendary that ties into the main point of Reshrim and Zekrom. If a third is made, it will not have anything to do with the two or will be trying to upset the balance the two hold but still cannot be related to these two.

If anything these will be Legendary Duo and use some lesser Legendary to mascot a third game.

Whater

Unhatchable Egg
    Years
  • Well, I'm not sure if the two new legendaries are going to be in a trio or not, but how is there going to be a master? Isn't Arceus the 'God' of all pokemon?

But in my opinion, I think the master is going to be a super powerful Unown. I mean SS kinda gives it away in a sense. I don't know, just throwing it out there ;)

The Red Chain

Well, I'm not sure if the two new legendaries are going to be in a trio or not, but how is there going to be a master? Isn't Arceus the 'God' of all pokemon?
    Every trio has a master, or leader.

• Legendary birds ; Lugia
    • Legendary beasts ; Ho-oh
    • Weather trio ; Rayquaza
    • Dragon & Lake trio ; Arceus
    I'm hoping for no trio this generation.

Whater

Unhatchable Egg
    Years
  • Every trio has a master, or leader.

• Legendary birds ; Lugia
    • Legendary beasts ; Ho-oh
    • Weather trio ; Rayquaza
    • Dragon & Lake trio ; Arceus
    I'm hoping for no trio.

Oh ok. But I think, like I said in my earlier post, that a super powerful unown would somehow be the master. Just like it says in the 'Ruins of Alph' the unown want to connect. They must have some link, especially since they're black and white XD

The Red Chain

Oh ok. But I think, like I said in my earlier post, that a super powerful unown would somehow be the master. Just like it says in the 'Ruins of Alph' the unown want to connect. They must have some link, especially since they're black and white XD

I would doubt that being that Unown isn't even a legendary to begin with. XD;
    The Ruins of Alph existed in GSC as well, so it's not really unusual...

Or maybe Zekrom, Reshiram, and Victini will make the trio as well as the small legendary and version mascots this generation.
    Don't ask, just a random idea. ]:

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • Oh ok. But I think, like I said in my earlier post, that a super powerful unown would somehow be the master. Just like it says in the 'Ruins of Alph' the unown want to connect. They must have some link, especially since they're black and white XD
    This is a good theory but to think that a single Unown can wield as much power as a Legendary Pokemon is unbelievable.

Arceus is described as the God of All Pokemon but I think the developers are just going to slide another Pokemon under their sleeves as powerful as Arceus and make that Pokemon the master of the probable new Dragon Trio and possibly another Trio.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, if you intend to discuss the trio in regards to Zekrom/Reshiram, do so here.

I really hope the trio (not the title legendary trio) has some sort of cultural or historical reference behind them.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • I've posted something like this about two months ago, so I'll rewrite my idea.
    The Zek & Resh trio will be completed with a green dragon/serpent pokémon, based on the chinese dragon but with wings. Something like this:
    Spoiler:

...but with a turbine in the end of it's tail, just like Resh & Zek.
    It will be Grass/Dragon. It will represent the Ancient world, the world where the primitive pokémon live. So, it will represent another world just like Giratina did with the distorcion world. Which means that we'll time travel on those ruins that we can se on the Isshu map, in the top of the left corner.

Now, talking about the new trio of non-cover legendaries. Since this will be the master of it, wait for a trio of Fossil/primitive look like pokémon. Then, since Resh & Zek represent the natural & industrial, think how the exploration of fossils could be fitted in this thematic and there you go. (For those who don't want to think, fossils are found in natural state and only come to life by industrial processes.)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • If the Gen V Legendary trio are all the same type again like in Sinnoh, I might have to venture out to Game Freak Headquarters and slap each and every producer in the face.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If the Gen V Legendary trio are all the same type again like in Sinnoh, I might have to venture out to Game Freak Headquarters and slap each and every producer in the face.
    Yeah well I think that trio was going for something diffrent...they should have at least made them Psychic/ something
    Back to this generation, I agree with The Real on the design but I want it to be Dragon/Ice so we can have a Mascot Fire/Lightning/Ice trio ;)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • A Fire/Ice/Electric trio hasn't occurred since Gen I, but there should be a Psychic/Dark/Fighting trio or similar first. Yes, I know Dark is immune to Psychic and there's already a Psychic/Dark duo, but it should happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back