• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is the best dragon or steel pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    you are right it is all about which is faster but i was leaning a little more torwards rayquaza using ice beam as well because of the type (dragon/flying) double-damage. I never liked dragon type moves but loved how they were so diverse with movesets.

Dragonite's Sp.Atk-328 max with beneficial nature Spd-284 with benficial nature

Rayquaza's Sp.Atk-359 max with a hindering nature Spd-289 with a neutral nature

As it is seen here a dragonite cannot beat a rayquaza the only way possible is IF rayquaza's ice beam misses highly unlikely. It's ok I'm not saying that I dont like dragonite in fact i hate rayquaza but he can be dragonite hands down and i accept that.

The Red Chain

you are right it is all about which is faster but i was leaning a little more torwards rayquaza using ice beam as well because of the type (dragon/flying) double-damage. I never liked dragon type moves but loved how they were so diverse with movesets.

Dragonite's Sp.Atk-328 max with beneficial nature Spd-284 with benficial nature

Rayquaza's Sp.Atk-359 max with a hindering nature Spd-289 with a neutral nature

As it is seen here a dragonite cannot beat a rayquaza the only way possible is IF rayquaza's ice beam misses highly unlikely. It's ok I'm not saying that I dont like dragonite in fact i hate rayquaza but he can be dragonite hands down and i accept that.

Wrong again.
    Used the damage calculator with the stats you stated above. Dragonite would still survive with 6 hp, as long as there is no critical, and Dragonite's health is maxed.. [The health being maxed on Dragonite is extremely likely].
    So then if Dragonite used Outrage Rayquaza would faint, even with maxed health.. -shrug-
    Oh, and Outrage is physical. So Sp. Def would do it no good in a face off.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    ok i was justed adding some stats in there by the way where did you get the damage calculator id like to be able to use one so i wont be wrong again but what about an icebeam because nobody would take a rayquaza with a hindered sp.atk which is higher when neutral.

Try these stats because i dont have a damage calc.

Dragonite/spd-decrease sp.def-increase
    hp/atk/def/sp.atk/sp.def/spd
    386/367/289/299/328/233

Rayquaza/sp.def-decrease sp.atk-increase
    414/399/279/438/251/289

this is the stats all neutral except 2 for each i just want to know what an ice beam from a rayquaza with maxed sp.atk would do against a dragonite with maxed sp.def

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Dragonite ; Neutral Sp. Def 236 and 386 HP
    Rayquaza ; Beneficial Sp. Atk 438.

Rayquaza would definitely one hit KO Dragonite.
    But why get a Beneficial nature in Sp. Atk for Ray in the first place? The best thing about Rayquaza is Dragon Dance..
    So if you were to think of the majority of Rayquazas [Physical], up against the majority of Dragonites [Also Physical], Dragonite would win.
    Hindering nature is actually lower than Neutral nature..

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    this is so obvious to me lolz....
    Salamance and Metagross...
    as they are both on my team...
    they rule the can take down 2-3 pokemon....
    once my metagross took out 5 pokemon by itself...
    if u give it the right EV's to both metagross and salamance they can KO most pokemon hands down...
    no doubt about it.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    i was just wanting to see what an ice beam would do and for the rayquaza. I was giving the dragonite maximum sp.def and rayquaza a maximum sp.atk and i wanted to see the result. The only dragon i use with physical attacks is salamence, because i dont play competetive and a dragonite to me is all special attacks. thats just me.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Dragon: if legendary counts then its Rayquaza, if not then Flygon.
    Steel: Aggron, is my all time favorite, helps out a lot.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Both Salamence and Dragonite can defeat Rayquaza in a head-to-head battle, but that DOES NOT make them better. That is like comparing two sports teams, with Team A only losing one game the entire season (to Team B) and then winning the championship,and then arguing that since Team B beat Team A, despite having a worse record, they are better. Doesn't work that way.

Rayquaza has a higher base Atk than either Dragonite or Salamence (150 vs. 134/135) and a MUCH higher base SAtk (150 vs. 100/110). It also has a higher base Spd than Dragonite (95 vs. 80) and just barely less than Salamence (95 vs. 100). Those are the main aspects of a Dragon-type. Hit hard and be fast, which Rayquaza is clearly the best at.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
  • I'd have to go with zenix on this one.

Flygon is worth getting if you train your Trapinch.
    And Rayquaza is one of the best Dragon Legendaries ever.

As for Steel types ...
    Either Registeel or Aggron.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    I don't know about what dragon suits me but I'd say Steelix is a good steel type.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • *Eats Salamence so noone can vote for him and so that he would be torched by the Charizard that's in my tummy's flames*
    Seriously, He probably didn't count Legends, and Registeel, I don't think he's that good :/
    Flygon, well, it's Ground makes it weak to Water, Grass, and x4 Ice, so... GRASS ARE COMMON!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I love Dragonite but I think that salamence is better as it has more speed. Metagross is hands down the best steel type pokemon for me!

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Well, I really like Salamence more than Dragonite but I think that either Flygon or Altaria is the best dragon-type pokémon. : DD If we don´t include legendary dragon-type pokémon of course. XD For steel-type pokémon, I think that Metagross or Aggron is the best one.

Ice Grimm

Mirotic
    Years
  • I would choose Metagross for steel and Dragonite/Salamence/Altaria for dragon, I can't make up my mind, but if I had to pick I would choose Dragonite (I am very classic guy)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back